Aus RAA Maintenance Record Sheet

Hey All,

I have been using my own version of the RAA Maintenance Record Sheet for a couple of years now but it has always lacked a couple of the fields a proper M/R should have. So this year after just finishing the annual I though I would download the M/R sheet available on the RAA website.

Now I do not mean to offend any of the wonderful people who run the RAA office, they do a fantastic job in every way, but I found the M/R sheet I downloaded a little well..... clumsy. I might be the only one but I am not a fan of the non blanked cell borders etc....

So I made another one that is a little neater and easier to fill in. Other than a few tidy ups it is an exact replica of what is on the RAA website (I adjusted the fields to also include a Daily sign out and only one time recording slot as well!). Thought I would upload the pdf in case any one else found the same thing with the standard RAA M/R.

If any one wants to add custom fields etc... just reply on this thread and I will upload the orig file that can be edited also (just a note, I am a mac user and so it was created in numbers. I will upload an excel version for anyone wanting to edit it for their personal preferences but I can not guarantee it will export exactly the same into an excel file!!)

Cheers

RAA M:R.pdf

• Like 4

Hi Louis

Nice job I may even use it for my just about finished Savannah....one thing thug can you make the fill in line s areas darker please. When I print the forms on the HP printer I have the lines you can hardly see them I think it would be better to have the lines darker.....I use Mac's as well...good decision 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for letting me know about the lines. I have remade it with a couple of little changes one of them being the grey lines have bumped up to 2points. Should come out fine on any printer now I think!!!!

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

RAA M:R Thick Lines.pdf

• Like 1

I agree, a good job.

Is there any legal reason for not using this M/R? I notice that RAA M/Rs are not numbered like GA ones.

Just as an aside, I find it strange that the M/R has a column to record the number of landings. There is a reason for such a record in planes with retractable undercarriage, but can anyone name an RAA type airplane whose undercarriage has a limit on the number of landings?

And what a pain to try to remember how many landings were done during a session of touch & goes. And if you do a shocker with a couple of bounces, do you record each bounce as a separate landing?

Old Man Emu

Hey All,

Glad you like it and that it will come in handy for a few of you guys.

Old Man Emu, there is no legal reason why you can not use this as your M/R, remember it is not a maintenance release but a maintenance record. It is even legal in a lot of cases in GA to use non CASA made M/R the most important things being what gets recorded and who sign it out!!!

As for landings, if you wish not to record them there is no requirement to say you have to. I leave that field blank myself! More than any other reason it is just another field of information that some pilots/mechanics find useful in having. For things as simple as tyre ware, brake usage etc... right up to reasons regard frame bends and A/D's! Also in the case of a fight school it is handy to know just how many times the aircraft has been thrown at the ground!!!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

True Crezzi, but I believe these are normally recorded in the flight log. As far as I know, the 'landings column' in maintenance logbooks is a legacy from GA where they may have some maintenance events based on the number of landings. To my knowledge, there are no such events on RAAus aircraft.

Safe Flying

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I showed this M/R to my boss and he has agreed to start using it.

He would like to see the following changes:

1. Box lines thinner and in black, not gray.

2. A box where we can enter a number to let us trace the M/Rs we issue.

The second point is important to a commercial operation such as ours as we service a number of RAA airplanes belonging to different owners, so it is important to us to be able to know the order in which M/Rs have been issued. It is also important to owners as these M/Rs form part of the airplane's operational history.

Could you make these changes and post the amended document as a pdf file?

OME

Sure thing OME & Kyle,

PDF version is attached below. Have made all the boxes a slim black and placed a box with Issue number in top corner. You will obviously need to come up with your own issuing system for the records.

Check it out and let me know if it is what you're looking for or if you need more changes.

RAA M:R Issue No.pdf

Guest davidh10
...And what a pain to try to remember how many landings were done during a session of touch & goes.

That's where a GPS is handy... just zoom in on the breadcrumbs and count the tracks.

And if you do a shocker with a couple of bounces, do you record each bounce as a separate landing?

Only in the value for money column... ROFL.

That is a lot better than the Maintenance record I got from RAAus and which they are still selling. I asked for guidance on how to fill mine in from David Caban at Natfly, and he said there was no real special way, just so long as you got all the necessary stuff written down. My version has no time written in for maintenance to be done. I have to remember when it is due. Will soon be going to the GA type of release.

No Worries guys,

Yenn: there is a place on the M/R I have made for maintenance and times it is due, in fact it is overall fairly similar to the GA type of M/R (Except you can write on these!!!!) so you should be able to stick with it and just fill out what you need, if that is upcoming maintenance and TTIS it is due then it is all there (If you like I can upload an old filled out one to give you an idea?)