Sportstar aircraft

Hi guys i am going back to flying to have another go at it. And have time in tecnams sierrra. And looking at the sportstar.

Has anyone had time in these aircraft and are they any good.

Thanks

The Sportstar is a very responsive, good handling, good performing and well made aircraft and able to take off and land in reasonably short distances. I have hundreds of hours in a Sportstar and my only complaint is that being low wing and bubble canopy it can get hot on the ground if you have the canopy closed.

I've had my Sportstar for 10 months now and couldn't be happier. Agree with the comment about getting hot on the ground but we just leave the canopy open until lining up. It's a very well balanced aircraft with absolutely no vices and the last stage of flap (40 degrees) enables an extremely steep approach without side slipping.

I'm based at Wedderburn so PM if you need a flight or further info. Cheers.......Doug

I really like the idea of the steep approach. My first time in a tecnam p2002 i had a taste of it and i can say it was great fun. And from what i can see the sportstar has a great view.

• 2 weeks later...

I fly one of the two SportStar's at Redcliffe. There is a Tecnam school there too, and the areo club has a Tecnam that is GA.

I love the SportStar, two years I've hired it and no hassles, it flies easily, fairly sensitive to the touch as I think many RAA aircraft are, but is fast in the cruise and slow to land, takes off in nothing, in and out of grass strips with no hassle. It gets hot in the taxi so you prop open the canopy with your elbow. But you have awesome visibility. And it looks sexy.

It's well finished, large inside, and I think is better tha flying a 172 if it's just two of you.

Ryan