Would you fly this

Guest Maj Millard

Ah..in a nutshell ...NO...........................................................Maj...013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the wings turn out like the tail section, it'll look quite good I reckon. Will be interesting weight and balance, but we're talking about enthusiasm here, they'll work something out.Once you travel OS and see some of these places and what they do, it wouldn't surprise me if they get a finished flying project one way or the other.

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas.

Want to lend my glasses fella, that tail plane is way to small and with the weight of that tata or detroit diesel engine up front it would need to be doing 500kph before it became effective.

Cheers

Alf

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas.Want to lend my glasses fella, that tail plane is way to small and with the weight of that tata or detroit diesel engine up front it would need to be doing 500kph before it became effective.

Cheers

Alf

Not only that, judging by that engineering ability displayed in the wings anything covered over such as the tail section is an unknown quantity and likely to fall to bits at any moment.

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas.Want to lend my glasses fella, that tail plane is way to small and with the weight of that tata or detroit diesel engine up front it would need to be doing 500kph before it became effective.

Cheers

Alf

Do think the rudder authority is suspect, AJ? 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

While it is amazing just what will fly, the short answer here (as defined by what has been made so far) is NO, it will not fly, which is good as there is less chance of more aviation related sensationalism being hyped by the media.

Observations;

If the wing structure relies solely on the steel tubes in the wings, they will fold off before liftoff.

If the wings are fibreglassed, as the tail appears to be, the total weight will be high enough that by the time the aircraft reaches liftoff speed (if attainable), the wings will fold of again.

If being in India, there's a good possibility the engine is out of a Morris Minor, ie, will not reach liftoff.

It is a pity to see so much effort go into creations with no real chance of succeeding, especially in an economic environment as theirs.

Arthur.

• Like 1

If being in India, there's a good possibility the engine is out of a Morris Minor, ie, will not reach liftoff.

I think it may be the engine out of a Padmini - locally built Fiat 1100 - looks about right.

And I suspect it might be a Bollywood plane - the relationship between prop and engine looks odd, so I wonder if it is just intended to taxi, get shot at and from, and then end in a huge fireball while the hero and heroine sing and dance away...

Jim

• Like 1

I think it may be the engine out of a Padmini - locally built Fiat 1100 - looks about right.And I suspect it might be a Bollywood plane - the relationship between prop and engine looks odd, so I wonder if it is just intended to taxi, get shot at and from, and then end in a huge fireball while the hero and heroine sing and dance away...

Jim

That is about the only logical explanation for it.

Richard.

Reminds me of the advert where an Indian version of a Morriss Oxford is sat on by an elephant and belted all over against buildings and then, the big eyebrowed driver drives it past a group of fancy shiella's as it now resembles a Peugeot 307.. Love that ad..Nev

• Like 1

Haha, just a bit of moral support... it keeps 'em off the street.

So long as no one gets hurt, I reckon its great to see their enthusiasm.

The main thing that concerns me is, what if this is the training school for further outsourcing Qantas maintenance?

So long as no one gets hurt, I reckon its great to see their enthusiasm.The main thing that concerns me is, what if this is the training school for further outsourcing Qantas maintenance?

planedriver thinking along those lines meself ( maybe the lame that fixed my plane out sourced it there )very worried now neil

Link not working (for me anyway) 80kn. I can rarely get the popsci links to open. They have lots of interesting articles on their US website but the system automatically directs your browser to their AU site which has diddly-squat interesting stories. Anyone know of a way around this without signing up for some complex / slow proxy service?

Link not working (for me anyway) 80kn. I can rarely get the popsci links to open. They have lots of interesting articles on their US website but the system automatically directs your browser to their AU site which has diddly-squat interesting stories. Anyone know of a way around this without signing up for some complex / slow proxy service?

The title was in blue and underlined (now edited away :-) and looked like a link but wasn't. The actual http link, at the bottom of the post, works fine, I just checked it. Here it is again: http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2010-10/video-kenyan-tinkerer-builds-plane-scratch-aims-fly-next-week

For some reason, I don't get redirected like in your experience, Gnarly. Perhaps that is because I am in New Zealand?

Your link is correct just that it can't be made to go to the .com website. I'd be interested to know if it works for others here as it doesn't for me - redirects to the popsci.com.au website (which doesn't have this article) whether you want to go there or not. Popsci always does this for me, manual editing the address doesn't work either.

Try using a DNS lookup to derive the actual IP address, then type in that number instead of the www.popsci.com part of the address. If they are redirecting on DNS, it may work. If they are redirecting otherwise, it probably won't, in which case you need a proxy. Ian is probably a guru on this stuff, so he would have be the one to ask,

dodo

Your link is correct just that it can't be made to go to the .com website. I'd be interested to know if it works for others here as it doesn't for me - redirects to the popsci.com.au website (which doesn't have this article) whether you want to go there or not. Popsci always does this for me, manual editing the address doesn't work either.

Try using a DNS lookup to derive the actual IP address, then type in that number instead of the www.popsci.com part of the address. If they are redirecting on DNS, it may work. If they are redirecting otherwise, it probably won't, in which case you need a proxy. Ian is probably a guru on this stuff, so he would have be the one to ask,dodo

I can't access itPud

Try going to this link where there is a youtube interview ...perhaps that might help? http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=81189.0

One interesting part of the youtube interview is this:

...one begins to doubt its [the aircraft's] stability looking at its front wheel but he [the aircraft maker] says "there is no cause for alarm as they will fit some shock absorbers"