Lift Strut S/S Brackets

SAJ

Can you still get spare parts for Thrusters, I went and had a look at a T300 for sale for a friend and I noticed it still had the old style strut to leading/trailing edge stainless steel brackets.

I know Tony Hayse had S/S brackets made to replace the old style brackets, I got a set for my T500 in 2005.

Can anyone help in getting new brackets.

SAJ

Can you still get spare parts for Thrusters, I went and had a look at a T300 for sale for a friend and I noticed it still had the old style strut to leading/trailing edge stainless steel brackets.I know Tony Hayse had S/S brackets made to replace the old style brackets, I got a set for my T500 in 2005.

Can anyone help in getting new brackets.

SAJ

As far as I am aware there are no new spare parts available in Australia - not sure about the Thruster business in the UK.

When you say the old style brackets SAJ, do you mean the ones with a strip weld and that were prone to cracking along the sharp fold in the stainless steel?

I took samples into a local stainless steel fabrication place here in Perth and had them make up a couple of brackets for my Thruster. I got them to fabricate the brackets as per the AN. They were not cheap but the result was perfect. $55 each inclusive of GST.

Pud

As far as I am aware there are no new spare parts available in Australia - not sure about the Thruster business in the UK.When you say the old style brackets SAJ, do you mean the ones with a strip weld and that were prone to cracking along the sharp fold in the stainless steel?

I took samples into a local stainless steel fabrication place here in Perth and had them make up a couple of brackets for my Thruster. I got them to fabricate the brackets as per the AN. They were not cheap but the result was perfect. $55 each inclusive of GST.

Pud

Here's the photos I took into the fabricator. I needed new ones because the old ones had been bent out of shape and I didn't want to chance it by straightening the tang and putting back into service.

811788340_CopyofP1040008.JPG.8e459d382494eee0da7143ccdcc88e76.JPG

489932392_CopyofP1040009.JPG.5c6aa8979140237086361691e6bd4326.JPG

Pud

Pud the brackets were not welded around the seams, but they did have the sharp fold marks.

SAJ