SportStar LS

I think it is my glider experience but I like the idea of a low wing rather than the high wing. Gliders got really hot when sitting at Gawler in line waiting to fly. Once in the sky though the view was amazing. I find even the 160 Jab just a little claustrophobic. I think I will keep going with the Jab till I get my licence then look into converting so I can hire the SportsstaR.

G'Day

I've got the best part of a 1000 hours in the Sportstar. Very easy to fly, very light on the controls and performs quite well.

One big issue we had was cooling in the cabin... big perspex bubble canopy heats up quickly in the summer, not so bad once your in the air but still the "SL" had much smaller ram air inlets than the original Sporty.

Another thing that I found slightly annoying was the electric trim... very sensitve and hard to get 100% right initially. The older Sporty had the manual lever style trim control between both pilots.. not a lot of room there!

As John has said, the view is great. It's got a big dash with room for extra gadgets etc.