flying wild Alaska

Hi shafs64.........I've just been watching season one of "Flying Wild Alaska"..........It has to be the "BEST" show out on aviation, absolutely grabs your attention from the start, very funny and a must for any pilot to learn from all the conditions that mother nature has to offer........"WHAT" about those "X" landings !!!!! and a ten out of ten for Ariel for starting her flight training in such conditions. The Mum and Dad are an amazing couple for how they hold it all together living and running a frieght/pax airline out in those conditions...............For me, it has always been a "TO DO" list on my aviation journey to fly in that beautiful part of the world.

Troops I hired a copy out of the Wagga Library.....can't wait for season two.

As Always.......................Fly and Keep Safe........................Alley................."Dreamimg of the Yukon"

• Like 2

I would say the same. I just watched the season one and now hanging out for the second season I have seen parts of seasone two with arial on her first solo landing in 15knot cross winds.

• Like 1

Loved all of season one and have season two on series link so I don't miss an episode. It's such a good mix of great flying with good people. They're an impressive family. Love it.

Phil

• Like 1

Yep, watched all of it so far. Unfortunately, some of the editing just gets frustrating, like when they show different mounted camera angles, but don't hide that they are from different aircraft, or when they repeatedly show a 208 flying past, but mix it with the sound of the 150. Otherwise, great show!

Love it, and love that the boss's favourite bush plane is his C180, especially considering he already has a Super Cub!

The cross winds these guys have been shown in make everything I have ever seen look like a picnic!

• Like 1

Sure is. The last episode i saw, he dropped his 180 off for the new donk and borrowed another 180 on skis to do some snow stuff. Would love to konw what he knows about things. Compared to some of the 'Alaska Winge Men' pilots who do exactly the same things, Jim does seem to have a good common sense approach without getting to wound up about things. It does make you want to do a course over there though doesn't it? Alaska float and ski does what seems to be well priced courses, but realistically, I would go back over to U-FLy Wanaka (NZ) and do a mountain flying course in a their Tecnams. They are still the best flight I have EVER had!!!

• Like 1

Flying Wild Alaska is my favourite - the Alaska Wingmen is almost documentary - not "flow" - but still good. Ice Pilots is fun too.

I wonder when someone will produce a show on flying in PNG

• Like 1

I know a guy in Fairbanks, he said he'll take me around the place when I go to visit, in his bush plane... can't wait!! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 1