What are your favourite recreational AVIATION youtube clips??

eightyknots

Disclaimer: I have no pecuniary interest in Youtube Corporation or whichever company is the beneficial owner 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif.

What I would like to see is a collection of Forumites' favourite video clips from sites such as youtube, vimeo, etc.

I'll kick this off by attaching two youtube clips to this thread of ICP Savannah owners having fun in their aeroplanes on two different continents (Africa and Australia). It also demonstrates their STOL capabilities. For instance, in the last landing of the second clip, not only does the pilot land on the road intersections but is even able to do a 90 degree turn on the same intersection before running out of room. Here they are:

I trust we'll see a nice collection of video clips in this thread. ENJOY!!

• Like 1

They're really great clips Hongie! One of the take-offs wasn't even a take off "roll" as the tyres didn't even turn one revolution.

This kind of flying will make many helicopter pilots cry in their soup when they see a fixed wing plane do similar things!

Crop Duster at work. Growing up on a farm watching these guys do their thing, had me wanting to do it myself. Mind you I think this guy is pushing it a little. Can't wait till "dust up" is shown on TV here.

I absolutely admire this pilot's skills!!

Holy crap that guy has agates the size of watermelons.....I was ducking and weaving just watching that not to mention the expletives when he just missed the shed and that pole

........whats the deal with the red and green led indicator and the running led at the bottom...I was trying to make sense of what it was showing....it does seem speed related but it still didn't make sense

Holy crap that guy has agates the size of watermelons.....I was ducking and weaving just watching that not to mention the expletives when he just missed the shed and that pole........whats the deal with the red and green led indicator and the running led at the bottom...I was trying to make sense of what it was showing....it does seem speed related but it still didn't make sense

I was thinking about that too. My conclusion is that it's a GPS-related thing that shows him where to drop fertiliser without either missing something or double-dosing it.

Crop Duster at work. Growing up on a farm watching these guys do their thing, had me wanting to do it myself. Mind you I think this guy is pushing it a little. Can't wait till "dust up" is shown on TV here.

Please consider 'Dust Up' as a comedy. Yes there is some great flying but the applicating and proffessionalism of these twits is about where Australia was 30 + years ago.

I find Dust Up to be very offencive and makes a joke of an industry that has worked very hard to be proffesional and lift its image to the general public and the rest of the aviation community here in Australia.

Its called the lightbar and yes it is giving gps tracking for straight lines across the paddock so you dont spray the same bit twice. Because of this we do not need markers anymore, ( people at each end of the paddock holding flags).

The top row of lights are showing the pilot how many meters off the selected run he is, red/green is left/right. The bottom row of lights are telling the pilot the angle of intercept to the selected run. If there are alot of lights on, the pilot is approaching the selected run at a steep angle, as he is getting closer to the run the angle should be shallower and less lights.

If you watch this clip again I think the lights will make sense.

Cheers

Kiwi.

• Like 1

........whats the deal with the red and green led indicator and the running led at the bottom...I was trying to make sense of what it was showing....it does seem speed related but it still didn't make sense

Here's a youtube explanation of how the GPS system works:

Its called the lightbar and yes it is giving gps tracking for straight lines across the paddock so you dont spray the same bit twice. Because of this we do not need markers anymore, ( people at each end of the paddock holding flags).

I'll probably die of cancer from the chemicals I inhaled...but marking for spray planes was really fun back in the day!

One of my favourite feel-good flying videos is by Recfly member Friarpuk with a classic Aussie rock and roll soundtrack....

• Like 1

Hey Guys, don't forget to put these videos into the Video Library here on Recreational Flying

Here is my favourite You Tube flying video...turn the sound up high on your PC:

Was reading the other post about what flying music we like, then saw this post and figured I would add here.

I got into electronica back in the seventies with the likes of Pink Floyd and Tangerine Dream (have actually been to concerts!!)

Found this youtube clip about a year ago, and I still listen to it now and then.

The track is 'Pilots of the Ether Belt' from the Tangerine Dream album 'Mars Polaris'.

The graphics are some form of flight sim, and a little unbelievable from a glider pilots point of view, but entertaining, if a little long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cFp_fElzY4

Guest nunans

I like this attempt by a few rich poms of flying a microlight, if it doesn't have enough power to get off the ground you can always tow it with your range rover.....

I like this attempt by a few rich poms of flying a microlight, if it doesn't have enough power to get off the ground you can always tow it with your range rover.....

:thumb down:Look Mum, no helmet 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Hmmm, blokes like that, give human beings a bad name.

Guest nunans

"Ohhhh, this is just dreadful" makes me laugh and laugh....... I know it's not top shelf flyin' or scenery like the others in the thread but it still enjoy watching it 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I wonder where he got those suave flying goggles, they made him look the part at least....