anyone know anything about this?

Guest Maj Millard

Looks like a Quad City challenger that's seen better days, hope the pilot got out ok. A Cayuna 430 with belt re-drive I think.....sort of equivelent to a 503.....bad news those Cayunas...have a bad habit of 'snicking up' without any warning. Wonder if that's what happened here ?.........................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Could be a later one facto, however with the Cayuna on it , may be a resurected one, the covering looks pretty fresh. Yes in my experience they are a pretty tough machine..................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Wouldn't see much unless there was a rod hanging out one side ! (gave birth)...............usually they just overheat and sieze up solid as a drum without warning. Cayunas make great boat anchors !!....................................Maj...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Definately Not a Quad City Challenger......... and having owned and flown one, I would hate to see them get an unwarranted bagging because they are great value for money.

Oh yeah, I remember now.The engine is below the wing.Directly behind the cockpit.