Maintenance of Factory Built A/C

Hi Bryan,

Is that a hypothetical or real question? As a L4, your question is outside my normal scope and would have to refer you on to someone else for an answer, but my gut feeling is that you have just described a situation that sounds 'way too commercial'. If you simply had someone happy to fly you for free I suspect you would be OK, but to my knowledge the only allowable exception for getting paid to fly in RAAus is as a Flight Instructor. If this is a real situation, I'd be seeking clarification on its legality from RAAus because it sounds like an arrangement which could get everyone concerned in strife.

regards,

Justin

• Like 1

Hi Bryan,Is that a hypothetical or real question? As a L4, your question is outside my normal scope and would have to refer you on to someone else for an answer, but my gut feeling is that you have just described a situation that sounds 'way too commercial'. If you simply had someone happy to fly you for free I suspect you would be OK, but to my knowledge the only allowable exception for getting paid to fly in RAAus is as a Flight Instructor. If this is a real situation, I'd be seeking clarification on its legality from RAAus because it sounds like an arrangement which could get everyone concerned in strife.

regards,

Justin

Spot on Justin... The only RA Aus pilot you could pay to fly you around, Bryan, is an instructor. And you'd need a student pilot's certificate for him/her to do that for more than 3 hours flight time, or thirty days, whichever comes up first.

• Like 1

Still thinking! . Got to be something or some way to get back up in the air, how about joining the illegals & go base jumping, sounds fun, but a bit old in the tooth I think. Grandsons done a couple of jumps, they just strap you into a parachute harness and say run like hell of a cliff, Yaaaaaahoooo. Two years without a high, it would get a sane man down,

Bryan