A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

Guest Maj Millard
Planning the panel layout #1.I'll place the master, push button start and AMag 1 & 2 switches, fuel pump and carb heat below the VSI and trim guages. A GT-50 goes in the lower left small dia side.

[ATTACH=full]32488[/ATTACH]

Might stick your tach up where your CHT is Mike............

Started cutting out the pamel. Only done the 2 1/4" guage holes waiting for the 3 1/8" holee saw to arrive.All good superglued the furry edges of the fibres on the hole ID and sanded with sandpaper wrapped around a wine bottle neck; the finish was perfect. (A great idea that someone else though of and I used.)

Cheers

Mike

What is the material that you are drilling Mike? Is it a fibreglass / Lexon type material or a lamipanel?

All good superglued the furry edges of the fibres on the hole ID and sanded with sandpaper wrapped around a wine bottle neck; the finish was perfect. (A great idea that someone else though of and I used.)

Cheers

Mike

I used to use a beer bottle, but I found, after the fourth one, I couldn't see the hole properly anymore. It was also a bit rough on my lips as well.......007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

The radio and transponder are much better placed at the top of the panel. Ross also has a good point regarding the tach. The most important thing is that the instruments are where you want them . That is what is so good about building your own aircraft. Making good progress Mike.

Greg.

• Agree 1

The radio and transponder are much better placed at the top of the panel. Ross also has a good point regarding the tach. The most important thing is that the instruments are where you want them . That is what is so good about building your own aircraft. Making good progress Mike.Greg.

Hi Greg

I have now placed the tacho on top row. Agree good comment from Ross.

Cheers

Mike

1839842960_Panel2Dec14.JPG.008d175397fd5f73fb69e2c1af1011f6.JPG

Guest Maj Millard
Hi RossDoes that allow better viewing of the Tacho?

Also i'm placing the radio and transponder at the top to allow better viewing of the radio display.

Cheers

Mike

Yes it would Mike....you'll be watching it a lot...it needs to be front and centre so to speak. I would also swap the altimeter with the turn co- coordinator....just my thinking......

Yes it would Mike....you'll be watching it a lot...it needs to be front and centre so to speak. I would also swap the altimeter with the turn co- coordinator....just my thinking......

Thanks Ross. I also sent a email about when you have a chance to get down this way.

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...

Almost finishd the panel with the switches and choke method in place, most of the wiring is in place. Doing the throttle inner wires today; as I placed the outer cables yesterday. Bit of a squeeze locating and fitting the carb heat, fuel pump, strobe and taxi / landing switches and circuit breakers and also the start switch. I'm happy with the placements. Hoping no rain next weekend and should get the wings back on and get the windscreen fitted and the door upper hinge piece fitted.

Cheers

Mike

1397346183_NynjaPanelreduced.JPG.ffc163a88cc0500df0d05d05121a30e7.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finished the windscreen and back lexan shaping and fit so starting to look more like it should, next will be the cowl camlocks and the sealing of the firewall to fuse scuttle with fireproof silcone.

Cheers

Mike

1026564829_Nynjascreensmall.JPG.e6ea573ad8beb56e91aa80df3928952c.JPG

P1060835.JPG.2a3e2b51f9e204c82b5aaae3604c99fb.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Finished the windscreen and back lexan shaping and fit so starting to look more like it should, next will be the cowl camlocks and the sealing of the firewall to fuse scuttle with fireproof silcone.Cheers

Mike

Finished the sealing of the firewall gaps so may get the windscreen in this weekend.

P1070030.JPG.08490f5da3ab0c105f390b53c3128eea.JPG

P1060981.JPG.f732aea4722ce6ce2c2a37a24324b5cc.JPG

P1060997.JPG.f572332f09b2ec73149e0c1db9be86ee.JPG

P1070025.JPG.54459eda7aacc37e40d4b16bec6658bf.JPG

P1070026.JPG.f388bf23f56bfe9a930c7a3e922fcce6.JPG

P1070005.JPG.06b6f4de1d03546bb2755ad0aa863e09.JPG

• Winner 1

very nice build, I built a 582 standard version 9 years ago in the uk G-CDDR, and loved every minute spent with The DR ...even the freezing cold nights in a single brick garage with just a small blow heater whilst building it... was also lucky enough to spend my last few months living in the uk working for flylight airsports the uk importer. enjoy :) they are great to fly and easy to maintain.

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

very nice build, I built a 582 standard version 9 years ago in the uk G-CDDR, and loved every minute spent with The DR ...even the freezing cold nights in a single brick garage with just a small blow heater whilst building it... was also lucky enough to spend my last few months living in the uk working for flylight airsports the uk importer. enjoy :) they are great to fly and easy to maintain.

Thanks for the info Ricky. The build is starting to get to the looking good stage. If I get windscreen in this weekend along with the top an back riveted it will look more like i'll fly. I'll keep the plastic on the lexan and make up the windscreen cover to further protect the lexan during the build.

Cheers

Mike

• Winner 1

Lookin' good Mike! 90% done, 90% to go eh?

Hi Scott

Yes that sounds right. A long way to go but would be just past half way. I'll get a straight 5 or 6 days on the build in about two weeks so should get the two piece doors and probably fit the fuel tanks into the wings and fit radio units and some wiring. I'm soon to sort the fuel supply. I'm fitting a savannah collector tank as it has a low fuel sensor fitted as standard and its inlets and outlets are 9.5 mm so I'm wondering if the 6mm feeds from the two tanks in the wing are suitable to feed this surge / collector tank, or should I fit 8mm outlets in the wing tanks? Any comments appreciated. Cheers

Mike

P1060974.JPG.eb823cb0b7b44d7094c6b1766019646f.JPG

P1060973.JPG.5f8c8ffe69ed807e6486f58ca112cc6d.JPG

Mike:

Re the fuel lines. It's a toss up. My attitude would be "what's the simplest or lightest solution?"

With two tanks supplying the header, the 6mm lines (I'm assuming 6mm ID lines, not OD) will supply plenty of fuel. In fact each line by itself would supply the engine on its own. With two lines and gravity on your side, you'll have zero problems with sufficient flow rate. So it boils down to one opinion or another. However, Greg may be better able to point you one way or the other because of something that neither of us has thought of.

Hi Mike.

Use at least 8mm ID fuel hoses from the tanks to the header tank. I tried 6mm but they get an airlock as there is no vent on the header tank. 8mm seems to work well maybe 9.5 mm would be even better. Greg

• Informative 1

Hi Mike.Use at least 8mm ID fuel hoses from the tanks to the header tank. I tried 6mm but they get an airlock as there is no vent on the header tank. 8mm seems to work well maybe 9.5 mm would be even better. Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks for the info. Fully agree. I'm not ready for fitting the tanks yet but will start planning soon. I though it may be ok to feed the two 6mm feeds from the tanks into a single 9.5 mm hose into the collector surge tank and also have the vent line from the surge collector tank venting back to the one of the tanks from the other top outlet in the surge tank.

I'll give you a call through the week about it. Do you recommend any changes to the fitup with the new tanks fitted recently?

I got the cam locks in today and I'm happy with the cowl fit. I'm out of town this week so won't get any more done during the week.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1