A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

Mike:

Yes tht's where I mounted it. The socket that I found doesn't mount, it just plugs onto the bottom of the relay. The relay itself had the mounting lug. The socket has the advantage that if you ever disconnect the relay, you won't have to sort out which wire goes where when you replace it.

Hi Scott Just back from picking up a socket. Went to town today as I needed some more 0.25 fuses for my UMA air switch. When installed it kept blowing fuses. Tried to contact company in USA but no reply todate. Last night when installing the top console piece I removed the airswitch and was about to replace with another brand. While out I set up a c/b and connected to the A and B pin and no short; so opened up the plug on the item end and discovered the A and B contacts were reverse connected from the factory. I'll leave then as is and reverse my wiring to the connection and note the wiring diagram. (That way may be able to exchange if needbe. I expect the unit is ok as the short was before the unit.)

I'll post some images when I've sorted it. I'll resolder the pos and gnd wires in reverse and test the airswitch at above 40 kts.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Scott

Some of the fit out is a hybrid; a mix of Gregs, yours, Marks and Steves ideas, plus my experience and other mates and forum info plus of course the kit from Skyranger. Doing the pitot mount and tube fit to night. Trying to fit to alluminium bracket with tie wire and liquid metal; should be neat and strong enough. I'll post an image when done.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks ScottSome of the fit out is a hybrid; a mix of Gregs, yours, Marks and Steves ideas, plus my experience and other mates ...

Cheers

Mike

That's what's so great about those kits. They allow such creativity and for us all to stand on the shoulders of those who preceeded us. The build looks clean, neat and really slick. A credit to you and you can be proud of it.

Got the flight feathers on and adjusted today. Ailerons all set and correct, flaps adjusted to neutral position setting and wing tips drilled. Just need to fabricate the trim pieces under wing at the upper door hige to keep the draft out then remove wings ready to take to airfield. A couple of other jobs in the fuse to be done plus fir the upper door hangers for when opened and finalised the wing tank fitup including the fuel feed line and return setup to the tank; but definately chipping away at the final 90%.

Cheers

Mike

P1070961.JPG.fd08eaa590e2ceff15fe0e5e7de4c55f.JPG

P1070970.JPG.bb41d02c09161301914171dc4d823291.JPG

P1070987.JPG.eed2ec4a6ac210f1d8546b9a5b2b40fe.JPG

P1070994.JPG.2bc47b5902edb05290a6212afaaf7602.JPG

• Like 1

Too many. Gota do the trim under the wing root bit. Then remove the wings. Remove the tanks and fit a length of plastic tube over the wing brace wire and also fit the window / upper door retainers. Plus shape the trim piece that goes on the inside facing of the wing root, inc;uding the piece I remove to allow for the fuel level sight tube. Will have done tomoprrow all going well. Then finish off eg the rudder bungee, I'll install the two alloy angles to the frame about half way done the fuse that Iin the UK they fit to prevent any oil caning of the fuse. I hear it does not occur but thought I'd put them in jut in case mine does it. During week I'll install the insulation on fire wall. I've got a list going so its now getting very close.

I'll put that vinyl on the binnacale sides.

May get it to the Hangar in three weekends time; I'll know more next weekend.

Cheers

Mike

Mike:

You might get some oil-canning in the belly under the cabin. Greg had it with his and I had it with mine. I put some styrofoam pieces between the angle braces and the belly to stop it. Can't remember what greg did. Something similar I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Mike:You might get some oil-canning in the belly under the cabin. Greg had it with his and I had it with mine. I put some styrofoam pieces between the angle braces and the belly to stop it. Can't remember what greg did. Something similar I think.

Jazzed up the fin with a bit of colour, fitted supports for the fuse f/g skin and tied the rudder bungee. I'll get the fuel tanks and fit the door latch holders this weekend and run the fuel lines, etc. Got a replacement oil temp gauge on the way. Should have the prop spinning next weekend. Approaching the finished stage slowly. Looking forward to having the seat belts in and the seat covers on; as then it'll be looking good.

Cheers

Mike

P1080061.JPG.3921608cf60f2bb922f1ccaa8b2bc81a.JPG

P1080045.JPG.8dcf8da0b9ed93cc86a74c7a2eae4531.JPG

• Like 1

Jazzed up the fin with a bit of colour, fitted supports for the fuse f/g skin and tied the rudder bungee. I'll get the fuel tanks and fit the door latch holders this weekend and run the fuel lines, etc. Got a replacement oil temp gauge on the way. Should have the prop spinning next weekend. Approaching the finished stage slowly. Looking forward to having the seat belts in and the seat covers on; as then it'll be looking good.Cheers

Mike

Lovely!

• Like 1

Jazzed up the fin with a bit of colour, fitted supports for the fuse f/g skin and tied the rudder bungee. I'll get the fuel tanks and fit the door latch holders this weekend and run the fuel lines, etc. Got a replacement oil temp gauge on the way. Should have the prop spinning next weekend. Approaching the finished stage slowly. Looking forward to having the seat belts in and the seat covers on; as then it'll be looking good.Cheers

Mike

Mike:

Love the SC on the tail. Nice touch. Can't wait to hear you've flown it and see some pics of it in the air. I would have liked to come up and video the first flight for you like I did for Vince, but I'm plainly planeless :-( If you can wait till late September though ...

• Like 1

Hi Scott Sept sounds about when it'll happen. Only got one wing tank finishedlast Sunday as worh recall me to be up in Ingham for a ships oil spill that has washed onto the local beaches. Just told today will still be required over weekend. Back in Mackay early next week. So I lost 1/2 a day last weekend and this week plus weekend. I have the new oil temp guauge and the fuel filters at home now. The Miss Behaven video is great thanks for posting. My son is posting down a Gopro 3 so I'll test it out for the first flight. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I was going to also take two a three days off next week to get things finshed. All plannings stalled at present until I get home.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished off the tanks, fuel content sight tube, filler (included a earth connection as my mr funnel setup has an earth wire I made for the skyfox filler) and root trim fitup today. Getting things ready to start the engine next Saturday.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Finished off the tanks, fuel content sight tube, filler (included a earth connection as my mr funnel setup has an earth wire I made for the skyfox filler) and root trim fitup today. Getting things ready to start the engine next Saturday.

Cheers

Mike

P1080313.JPG.9b168cf7f74178a6d129247b8db6ae37.JPG

P1080278.JPG.e1f019be7ddf80d6fb54a812dfd3eb59.JPG

P1080284.JPG.f51a9494b2b75884826cdf80f1dfce11.JPG

P1080307.JPG.5593b3c70c8901cea59d5b7de2ebb449.JPG

P1080304.JPG.ea899cc8450a2a0c1a5225ecc6831328.JPG

Did some finishing off on the binacle sides. Decided to re do the side and lower screws on both sides with camlocs so any time I have quick easy access and it works well. Also gave the sides a sand and painted in matt black. Looks ok, so may leave them that way rather than cover with vinyl or carpet to save some weight.

• Like 1

Did some finishing off on the binacle sides. Decided to re do the side and lower screws on both sides with camlocs so any time I have quick easy access and it works well. Also gave the sides a sand and painted in matt black. Looks ok, so may leave them that way rather than cover with vinyl or carpet to save some weight.

P1080323.JPG.41c24a84a75c48e1c13eea854374e90f.JPG

P1080320.JPG.a72625cb2cd5dbcc195b9d31cbd8e28a.JPG

P1080319.JPG.ef342603233528abb0721986118929e2.JPG

Mike:

It's hard to tell whether you have it or not from the pictures, but some kind of brace on the throttle tube where the cable control arm attaches would be useful. That long crosswise tube will flex more than you'd expect under the force of pulling the two carbies and the friction in the cables.

Mike:

It's hard to tell whether you have it or not from the pictures, but some kind of brace on the throttle tube where the cable control arm attaches would be useful. That long crosswise tube will flex more than you'd expect under the force of pulling the two carbies and the friction in the cables.

Mike:It's hard to tell whether you have it or not from the pictures, but some kind of brace on the throttle tube where the cable control arm attaches would be useful. That long crosswise tube will flex more than you'd expect under the force of pulling the two carbies and the friction in the cables.

Hi Scott

There is a brace mounted off the right main tube. You can see it a bit it these images just on the other side of the post. Its mounted to angle aluminium and attached with one of those WDG metal band pipe clamps. I'll adjust the choke and throttle on Saturday and should give her a start on Sat or Sunday.

Regards

Mike

Mike:It's hard to tell whether you have it or not from the pictures, but some kind of brace on the throttle tube where the cable control arm attaches would be useful. That long crosswise tube will flex more than you'd expect under the force of pulling the two carbies and the friction in the cables.

Hi Scott

There is a brace mounted off the right main tube. You can see it a bit it these images just on the other side of the post. Its mounted to angle aluminium and attached with one of those WDG metal band pipe clamps. I'll adjust the choke and throttle on Saturday and should give her a start on Sat or Sunday.

Regards

Mike

P1070931.JPG.7eaf26e56ad3df3db5436aaeca09b91d.JPG

P1070930.JPG.2c3ccab7627802f25c549ef3b75a3df7.JPG