A new Nynja in the area

cscotthendry

Perfect!

Hi Scott

I still have enough jobs to keep me busy. Certainly getting closer. How is your new arrival going; all on schedule I hope. Don't know if you have a windscreen cover or getting one made; for info I located a good materil at Clark Rubber, its car hood lining. About 3 years ago a mate had some left over from some he got to make a cover for his drifter screen. I made a cover for my Skyfox and it worked a treat. Very soft and does not scratch. I'll be getting some tomorrow as I want to protect and keep the screen clear and its so light it can be folded up and taken away to flyins. I going out to do another hour or so tonight.

Cheers

Mike

Perfect!

Hi Scott

I still have enough jobs to keep me busy. Certainly getting closer. How is your new arrival going; all on schedule I hope. Don't know if you have a windscreen cover or getting one made; for info I located a good materil at Clark Rubber, its car hood lining. About 3 years ago a mate had some left over from some he got to make a cover for his drifter screen. I made a cover for my Skyfox and it worked a treat. Very soft and does not scratch. I'll be getting some tomorrow as I want to protect and keep the screen clear and its so light it can be folded up and taken away to flyins. I going out to do another hour or so tonight.

Cheers

Mike

Ran the engine today. All good. Purged the oil system and then did the start up. Looking forward to getting to the hangar, all going good next weekend, attaching the wings , finishing off the build, doing the W&B and doing the final engine, tappet oiled up etc checks and the pneumatic balance then the inspections etc.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Wow ...not long now Mike !!!!! bet your getting a little excited now...David

Hi David

Yep very excited. But my list of things to do quells that excitment somewhat. Chris at Alice Springs flew his new Nynja Friday, Yesterday and today so very envious of that; Well done to Chris. I'd say mine will be ready to fly mid / late Sept at earliest, should get to hanger and wings on next Sunday or the following weekend at latest but need a few more things completed and the trailer available plus some mates to help get it off trailer and put the wings on then do the jury struts, pitot, fuel tank vents etc, etc.

Cheers

Mike

• 5 weeks later...
Getting near finished. Finishing off the little extras (eg windscreen cover and headset holder) and should be inspected soon. Ran the engine last weekend and will again this weekend as have more time available.Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I hope the inspection goes well. You can really see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Keep up the good work 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif.

Mike:

The third pic definitely looks like an engine run showing on the gauges! Did you go the full three minutes at full noise? I hated that part. It was like torturing my baby.

But great to seee it looking very much airplane-ish now.

As I write this, I am in Newcastle doing some familiarisation flying with my new baby. Hoping to fly it home next week if the weather co-operates. I might not be able to make your first flight. We have had a few delays with the Legend. Nothing major, just annoying small stuff from slow Customs, to flat battery and repairs to some minor shipping damage.

Mike:The third pic definitely looks like an engine run showing on the gauges! Did you go the full three minutes at full noise? I hated that part. It was like torturing my baby.

As I write this, I am in Newcastle doing some familiarisation flying with my new baby. Hoping to fly it home next week if the weather co-operates. I might not be able to make your first flight. We have had a few delays with the Legend. Nothing major, just annoying small stuff from slow Customs, to flat battery and repairs to some minor shipping damage.

Hi Scott

Not to full noise as yet, just a start and stop twice to verify all working. Doing that this weekend only had limited time last weekend.

You'll be glad to get home, enjoy the flight.

Regards

Mike

Mike:The third pic definitely looks like an engine run showing on the gauges! Did you go the full three minutes at full noise? I hated that part. It was like torturing my baby.

Good luck with the law suit.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/09/23/15/36/peta-sues-on-behalf-of-monkey-for-rights-to-selfie

Hi Mike,I hope the inspection goes well. You can really see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Keep up the good work 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif.

Hi 80. Got all the paper work and docs together now. So all ready for inspection and run the engine fully.

Also got some stickers made for the side. Still wrapped and rolled up on the backing. All going well should get them on the fuse this weekend.

Cheers

Mike

Hi 80. Got all the paper work and docs together now. So all ready for inspection and run the engine fully.Also got some stickers made for the side. Still wrapped and rolled up on the backing. All going well should get them on the fuse this weekend.

Cheers

Mike

Great news; every step is one closer to the goal of flying!

Great news; every step is one closer to the goal of flying!

I'm happy with the stickers, even got a set of grey and blue of the work nynja so I can choose which colour. I ordered grey for the word and I think they thought Blue would be better so did the two colours.

Cheers

Mike

P1080708.JPG.e2b1df51afabd447525c6e2a8c08b908.JPG

P1080706.JPG.628e21e51a5924a3b534dba311b756dd.JPG

P1080707.JPG.11a0408681940cbcf059f25b6df9fb7c.JPG