Get more maintenance knowledge

I really enjoy being able to post tid-bits of information that should come in handy for those of you with an interest in maintaining your own, or others' airplanes, or who just like to know how things happen.

Now, I'm not an L2 or LAME, but I work in a maintenance facility where we talk about maintenance matters at smoko and lunch. The boss also has a pretty extensive technical library and he subscribes to a number of aviation technical and informational publications. So when I post stuff here, it is after I have done a bit of research on the topic and I'm assured that I'm not blowing it out my rrrrs.

One of the publications I look forward to getting my hands on each month is "Light Plane Maintenance" which is a little magazine of about 25 pages, full of "practical maintenance advice for owners and pilots". Articles this month include "Aircraft Cables and Related Inspections"; "Corrosion - the Basics" and "Resurrecting an Experimental". Like they say, some days are diamonds, some days are charcoal; and this month is a diamond.

The attachment is an Index of Topics that have been covered over the years. There are two sample articles on the website at http://www.lightplane-maintenance.com/ You'll notice that this company also publishes several other aviation magazines that you might have read.

The price of a 12 month subscription is $US79. I strongly recommend this little magazine to all of you. You can arrange a subscription by clicking on the link above, or you can strongly suggest to your loving children that Father's Day is a fortnight away.

If you ignore everything else I post, don't ignore this. You'll end up kicking yourself.

Old Man Emu

Free LPM Articles on the Internet.doc

• Like 4

I'm having a bit of a problem connecting to this site's server this morning. I copy the URL to the address bar and hit , but it is taking forever to download the document that the link goes to. Maybe it's the slow service I'm getting from the work's connection.

If you are having problems, keep trying.

OME

Good-one and thanks OME.

Just signed up although it's $29.97 for 6 months plus receive manual "40 Maintenance Tips" free.

Not sure it this is different offer but certainly happy with that.

Rob

I got the same deal as Rob, I think....

When completing the transaction, the description says 12 months rather than 6 months, but doesn't mention the tips book...

Oh well, I'm sure it will be good either way

Regards

Mark

I think it was 12 months / 6 issues. I just signed up! Thanks Mark!mark you going to Ausfly? if so will catch up there.

Scotty

Hi Scott,

I hadn't plan to, but it looks like fun, so I might as well!

I would be driving up as I ain't got a cross country yet

I'll need to check with the missus, tell the cricket team I'm sick... And head to Narromine..

Regards

Mark

• 1 month later...

The magazine hasn't arrived yet but received yesterday the bonus booklet that was part of the deal when signing up "Light Plane Maintanence - 40 Top Maintenance Tips".

Haven't read it all yet but it's 32 pages, black and white no frills jam packed with interesting and useful information.

Well worth signing up.

Thanks OME.

It's great that so many of you have subscribed to LAM. I know that you will get a lot of benefit and enjoyment from it.

Like all magazines, some months are diamonds and some months are coal. Overall, it's a valuable gem.

OME

• Like 2

It's great to see that a number of you have subscribed to LAM. I know that you will get a great deal of benefit from it.

Like all magazines, some months are diamonds, some months are coal. Overall you'll find it's a precious gem.

OME

It's great to see that a number of you have subscribed to LAM. I know that you will get a great deal of benefit from it.Like all magazines, some months are diamonds, some months are coal. Overall you'll find it's a precious gem.

OME

Gosh, that's beautiful!!

• 3 weeks later...