Be Afraid

All the best Nathan. Best thing I did was go for a 1hr flight with an Instructor before I went up with the CFI. This helpedmynervesbut also got me ready. Now I have to do my Navs which I am looking forward to. My wife is pushing me to get my passenger rating.

I have put my Navs on hold for a while. I need to go out in my 25nm area and get used to everything on my own. I need to consolidate my flying and get more confidence solo before doing anything else. I will revisit Navs after October when I get back from holidays. Good luck to all of you about to do your exam.

I would say delaying you navs is a good move. To be able to not be over stressed when trying to learn the nav stuff your flying needs to be to the point where you are not having to think too much about it. This frees up your ability to focus on the nav process and absorb the info that your intructor will be feeding to you. I got my certificate in 20 hours but did not start my navs until I had done about 45 hours ( I also had my own aircraft so I racked up those hours pretty quickly ). I believe this made the navs alot easier. It is also good to have a spell from instruction and just relax and enjoy your newly aquired certificate.

• Like 1