Service Bulletin Released by Jabiru

JabSP6

I have noticed that Jabiru have updated their Service Bulletins today with the Aircraft Control Cable Bulletin released last month by CASA .

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/airworth/awb/27/001.pdf

It is also on the RAA website

SB-002-15-08-2012-All-Aircraft-Control-Cables.

This affects all GA and RAA aircraft

It clearly states that "An inspection is to be performed before next flight on all aircraft fitted with these types of cables to determine their current condition.

Cables that have a life of more than 15 years MUST BE REPLACED BEFORE NEXT FLIGHT"

I think this would have a significant affect on all RAA and GA aircraft especially with the fly ins coming up this weekend.

Jabiru atates that they don't use the exact fittings mentioned in the Bulletin but uses the same materials in a similar manner therfore it is applicable to Jabirus.

Make sure you have this carried out before your next flight.

Safe Flying

JabSP6

The cable was $120 for a 150 foot roll. ( local company 7x19 gal cable) then the swages ( 3/4" x 1/8" copper) and the thimbles too from Aircraft Spruce. They were $25.00 plus 20 postage. The turnbuckles were $28 each ( need 6) then the cable clevises (6 too) at $11 each. ... I can borrow the swage tool. An aircraft company quoted me $110 per cable plus parts. Not cheap.