Addicted

I am 2 days away from getting on a cruise ship to travel around Australia and all I can think about is getting back so I can practice my circuits. I think I have a serious problem. Wonder if I can stay home and send the mother inlaw instead. LMAO

I am 2 days away from getting on a cruise ship to travel around Australia and all I can think about is getting back so I can practice my circuits. I think I have a serious problem. Wonder if I can stay home and send the mother inlaw instead. LMAO

Phew... not just me! Earlier this year we went on a cruise from Brisbane port. I took my scanner and CPL books to study and listen to the aircraft traffic!

Nev

Guest aussieaviatrix

I was talking to my mother and she said that is seriously sick! ah_oh.gif.cb6948bbe4a506008010cb63d6bb3c47.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I, on the other hand, understand totally! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif Have fun on on the cruise though, and the circuits will definitely be waiting for you when you get back.....022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

You could hold out your arms and run around the top deck of the boat. Don't forget to make plane noise when you do it. Then you will be able to say you flew and landed on an aircraft carrier LOL.... Just make sure you do it with your clothes on and make sure its early when other passengers are still in bed. If you don't you may find yourself locked up in the ships hangar...

Have a Great Trip

Mardy

Looking outside my office maybe I am glad I am leaving SA for somewhere else. Although the forecast is for Gale force winds and high seas out of Sydney on Friday. Oh well bucket in one hand and a beer in the other. Nothing wrong with that. LOL Take you up for a flight when I get back Mardy now it is legal. LOL

You could hold out your arms and run around the top deck of the boat. Don't forget to make plane noise when you do it. Then you will be able to say you flew and landed on an aircraft carrier LOL.... Just make sure you do it with your clothes on and make sure its early when other passengers are still in bed. If you don't you may find yourself locked up in the ships hangar...

Have a Great Trip

Mardy

And make sure you do the proper radio calls as you are turning Aft Deck.

My Mrs convinced me to go on a 7 day cruise to the pacific islands on the Pacific Dawn in May this year.... I was well and truly over it after 4 days...couldnt wait to get back off that ship.....I was totally bored shipless....but got to say the food was good...the drinks too expensive though

My Mrs convinced me to go on a 7 day cruise to the pacific islands on the Pacific Dawn in May this year.... I was well and truly over it after 4 days...couldnt wait to get back off that ship.....I was totally bored shipless....but got to say the food was good...the drinks too expensive though

We did similar a few years ago. Actually we had to postpone for 12 months as the ship , err shipped itself the day before we were supposed to leave. We had a few going in a group and it was over a easter break hence the long delay.

I got around the drink expense issue by buying beer by the jug. When I bought a Jug they then asked me 'How many beer glasses would you like with it ?" I said One.

I got a funny look. But after I was buying & drinking jugs by myself.They kinda got used to it.LOL

There are some very silly people here making some very silly suggestions. I would ignore them if I was you.

Why don't you simply just take your Jab aboard as carry-on luggage? You might have to squish it up a bit for it to fit into the test unit. Once aboard, if you tethered the nosewheel by a long rope to the bowsprit of the liner and asked the Captain for all engines ahead full, you could practise your flying without even starting the engine. This solution has significant benefits in that you get to fly and save on fuel at the same time.

001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

PS No offence intended for my esteemed silly colleagues!