Be completely awed.

Deskpilot

I believe it's Vancouver, Stanley Park area My son lives there and has seen him in action... I bet he can pat his head and rub his tummy at the same time.

So can I, makes dunking my wife's teabag and stirring my coffee at the same time, easy. But there's no way I could do what he's doing.

Back in the mid 1970s I used to fly 3 Peter Powell stunt kites at the same time, however, they were stacked one behind the other.

Looked very pretty in the air with their red, white and blue colours with long streaming tails. It was quite easy to do all sorts of manouvers as they simply followed the kite closest to me. It used to almost rip your arms off at times if the wind was strong, so the big fellah I saw once at Epsom Downs racecourse in the UK flying 6 stacked in formation, not only had big bicepts, but also the weight to help him stay on the ground.

From memory, Peter Powell was a carpenter by trade, and started off making kites for his sons. They were so good, that they went into production, sold millions wordwide, and the money just rolled in, from something simple that started off in the garded shed.

They were all the rage at the time.

A genuine one, is now almost a collectors item.

At one time, I had a little brownie camera fitted to one, which I operated from a third string, but most of the photos turned out crappy.

What the guy in this clip does is brilliant, and theres no way I could ever have done what he does, without ending in a hopeless tangled mess.

Thanks for posting it DP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...