Who has a Airmaster CSU on a 24 rego aircraft

Hank

24 rego is a factory built which means it can be used for training or for reward (hire) BUT you can not deviate from what the manufacturer supplies the aircraft with. You can not add or modify any part of the aircraft unless the factory approves the modification. All maintenance or repair must be done by a LAME or L2 etc.... 19 rego is pretty much whatever you want to modify you can but can not be used for training or reward. You can do pretty much most maintenance but any major mods or damage repair must be signed off by a L4 this is how I understand it.

The reason for the post goes back to the sale of the airmaster prop recently. I am told that there maybe a few more coming up for sale as there are quite a few 24 rego aircraft around with them on but they are NOT approved. They are not a certified prop. I believe ICP factory built savannahs can have the air master with bolly blades as they have been approved by the factory for this modification. So anyone with a 24 rego aircraft that has the airmaster fitted will either have to take the prop off and replace it with a std approved propellor or convert their 24 rego aircraft back to 19 rego but of course then can not use it for training or reward

Mark

Hank24 rego is a factory built which means it can be used for training or for reward (hire) BUT you can not deviate from what the manufacturer supplies the aircraft with. You can not add or modify any part of the aircraft unless the factory approves the modification. All maintenance or repair must be done by a LAME or L2 etc.... 19 rego is pretty much whatever you want to modify you can but can not be used for training or reward. You can do pretty much most maintenance but any major mods or damage repair must be signed off by a L4 this is how I understand it.

The reason for the post goes back to the sale of the airmaster prop recently. I am told that there maybe a few more coming up for sale as there are quite a few 24 rego aircraft around with them on but they are NOT approved. They are not a certified prop. I believe ICP factory built savannahs can have the air master with bolly blades as they have been approved by the factory for this modification. So anyone with a 24 rego aircraft that has the airmaster fitted will either have to take the prop off and replace it with a std approved propellor or convert their 24 rego aircraft back to 19 rego but of course then can not use it for training or reward

Mark

Well, if another half-priced low-hours AirMaster prop comes up for sale, it may be a good "investment" to buy it. Perhaps my Savvy could start at the propeller? (after you've bought your half-priced one first as you can put it to good use straight away).