Too Old

aries

When I was younger than Tomo there was a bloke 60 who started learning to fly, at the Aero club. ( Yeah they had planes then). We all thought that was pretty old, but things have changed, so now you are pretty young, so as long as you have settled down and don't do so many of the daredevil things that "youngsters" do to show off, you will probably be OK. Nev

When I was getting my sport pilots licence there was another fellow learning to fly with Bill....he took a little longer he is retired so must be around 60 to 65 but now Peter has his licence and is also now in the process of building his own Savannah...Peter loves his flying and regularly gets in Bill's Sav to do some flying

I am 53 and have mine as well...but I did have a reasonable amount of previous flying experience but had not flown for 15 years before I started ....55 is NOT old at all...go for it you will not regret it all

David stop with the old bit. most of us could not afford to fly until we reached 50. go for it and start flying or you are going to end up in an over 50' s club plying bingo and drinking tea! then we will need to give you an intervention 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Mardy

I started 3 years later than you. It took me about 18 months of weekend flying to get a PPL. Then I decided to have a go at building a plane, which should be finished in about 4 months time. You're only too old when you can't remember where you parked the plane, and maybe not even then!

rgmwa

Go for it David, 55 years is nothing. With all that experience and wisdom under your belt you will be absolutely fine, and don't be concerned if some of the skills take a while to develop, eventually they will just 'click in' and you will be away.

Regards,

The guy who taught me was 74.

Walk into the typical areo club and you will find the average age is well into 50 I think.

Most people need to get other thing done while they are younger, so now can focus on flying. And hopefully you are more mature and sensible!

Go for it!

Given the link in your signature David, is this post spam?Someone "giving away" a report on how to learn to fly probably knows the answer to your own question.

I missed that. Looks a bit suspect, doesn't it?

rgmwa

It does. It was subtle too which is annoying!

But the message is still clear. You are never too old to learn to fly, and I think that there is a huge number of pilots over 50. You don't need to buy anything to tell you that, just look at pilots in the real world.