Ok so no simple online area briefings anymore cause NAIPs has changed

Guest Andys@coffs

Guest Andys@coffs

So, where do I go to get the area briefings without having to register with CASA and do a whole bunch of other stuff that I dont want to have to do?

Andy

Wot the deuce!!!!! No Apps that access napis are working. Naips app itself isnt working, avplan, nothing!!!... The only way to get anything is logon on a PC in a browser... Was the system broken??...NO??? THEN WHY THE HELL TRY AND FIX IT.....GGGRRRRRR.... Now Im going to have to either speak to the met guys on the phone ( nice people but some are difficult to understand) or get the WX enroute... Gunna be some cranky controllers reading taf's for andy...:)

Rant over

• Like 2

I have had a brief look into what this site was using and it's all gone to mush...as well as the Plain English.

This is not going to be a quick 5min fix so when I get some Time over the next week I will have a more in-depth look at how we can bring it back up here on Recreational Flying...sorry Guys!

Apparently they're working on the Naips thingo, and said there could be problems till they have it sorted... guess that means sit back and wait and see if it gets better!

Guest Andys@coffs

So Im an IT guy, I followed the bouncing ball and created an account and eventually logged in after many failed attempts. System is sloooooowwwwww and sometimes you get what you want most times you dont, rather you get an "OMG soemthing F*#k'd up and we havent a clue"useless message...... This in IT terms is an example of system deployment where the requirements up front (such as predicted load etc) arent accurate and as a result I suspect the system is underpowered for what is needed.

Who did the Acceptance Testing? What performance loading was done.....

This system only has a relatively known group of users Australia wide (excluding us RAAus folk who lurk generally outsiude the system) how did it go wrong? Other commercial equivalents where loads are variable get it right and this one with a small user community that doesnt change much day to day......Suspect there might be a few butts kicked over this! Or there should be!!

Andy

Ok.. Got in by going to Air Services main page and then NAIPS. It then recognised me.Ozrunways have an app out now, don't know about the otehrs as yet.

kaz

Yes Kaz seems to work now for me too. I am happy to say I was not required to submit a flight plan today. It took 30 mins on hold to contact Airservices to get the info to update my password It would have been quicker to wait for HH's post and saved me the 30 min phone call

OCTA weather was avaible on BOM but without NOTAM info any flight over 50 miles is a concern - all be it a fair defence I would suggest, when the info is not avaible in under 30min waiting on the phone (providing there was no incident?)

FrankM

Guest Howard Hughes

Since arriving at work this evening have worked out that both login and password are ' case sensitive'. If you are still having problems try capitals for login and smalls for asa suffix to old password.

Cheers HH

Guest Bigfella

I received this email from ozrunways this morning, I have updated the apps on my phone and they are working fine now.

As you may or may not already know, Airservices released a new version of the NAIPS Internet Service (NIS) to the world today. This has meant 3rd party developers like us had to work hard to also make our software compatible.

To be able to use the NAIPS for iOS App or to get briefings in OzRunways, you must now go to the App Store, select the "Updates" tab and download OzRunways 2.9.3 and NAIPS 3.0.

Cheers,

Bigfella

Guest Andys@coffs
not to be a smart ****, but the warning about this changover happening has been at the top of the briefings for about 6 months now.

Yes thats true, but at the end of the day I was able to get what I needed historically by simply googling "area 20 briefing Notam" all I needed was web access and a browser....... While the advice provided was that it was to be replaced, I didnt know until the new one went live if I could do the same thing..... I now know I likely cant! (using google advanced searching the same thing but limiting hits to Australia and the last 24hrs.......which isnt definitive cause the google robots dont cover the whole web in 24hrs......)

So Ive had something simple and eminantly available replaced with something more complex and more likely to F/Up. As an added advantage the transition was way more painful than it needed to be....and I got no advance warning or guidance from RAAus. Given that everyone who flys with RAAus licensing will be impacted surely a bit of upfront warning may well have been appropriate.

In the past as an RAA member I tried to register for NAIPs at least twice, both times nothing came of it no access was provided, I feared as I started down the path of creating an account yesterday that I would get more of the same....which wasnt the case fortunately.

Andy

This is a deliberate move to reduce air safety.

In the past all one needed to do was google say, Area 30 NOTAM and it was all there.

It is airservices fault that many more will now fly without having accessed the NOTAMS.

Safety info should be easy to find.

Airservices has failed.

• Like 2

This is a deliberate move to reduce air safety.In the past all one needed to do was google say, Area 30 NOTAM and it was all there.

It is airservices fault that many more will now fly without having accessed the NOTAMS.

Safety info should be easy to find.

Airservices has failed.

NAIPS Internet Service has encountered an error

What happened

There has been an unexpected error in the NAIPS Internet Service system.

The system administrator will be advised of the details.

What you can do about it

Attempt to repeat the series of actions in the lead up to the error.

Log off and on then repeat those actions.

Close and restart your browser, logon and attempt again.

If the problem persists, contact the Airservices Australia Desk (24/7) on 1800 801 960.

Great! Been trying to login for the last two hours to get forecast and lodge flight details.

This is a deliberate move to reduce air safety.

God, you're as sensationalistic as Ben Sandilands. You know that this is not the case. Poorly rolled out, maybe, but noone was sitting in ASA wondering how they could possibly reduce air safety. And spare a thought for the boys and girls in the en-route control room that are suffering from this also. The worst thing you could do is make their workload higher.

Now if we stop the extremism... I accessed the briefing using my old login for the asa pilot briefing, quick update of my details and I was able to access all the info. Took all of 5 mins.

Anyone who sits there and says "Well I will just get it en-route cause I'm too lazy to log in" needs to have a long hard think about this. I think taking this route IS indeed a deliberate move to reduce air safety.

Shame to make this post my 1000th...

• Like 2