Hi

Kimbo

Hi from. WAI am a farmer who wants to learn to fly in the Midwest of WA. Any suggestions for a good all round aircraft for use on farm and for leisure?

Kimbo

It will depend a lot on what you use it for. I have spoken to farmers that hate mustering in anything but a Drifter. The Savannas , Hornets and Foxbats are fairly rugged, but lack the field of vision that you get in Drifter. If you wont be mustering you might want one of the others so that you can carry larger(not heavier) items. If you want to travel, you almost certainly won't want a Drifter.So, you should probably work out exactly what you want in an aircraft, and try several out to see which is more suited, all of this can be done during the process of your flight training.

Hi Kimbo,

Good to see more interest in flying from here in WA. I work on my brother-in-laws farms at Carnamah and Coorow so you may be close. It would be great to have more company in the air. I fly an Aerochute but as you can see there are many different aircraft to choose from which are good at some things but not so good at others. Hope you enjoy your journey in to the world of flight.

John

Hi from. WAI am a farmer who wants to learn to fly in the Midwest of WA. Any suggestions for a good all round aircraft for use on farm and for leisure?

Kimbo

Welcome Kimbo

You have come on a good site here and I am sure you will find a suitable aircraft for your farm and leisure .I guess it depends on your budget,distance of travel.speed.I fly a PPC Aerochute,and they are very cheap to run,but not the fastest around 65kph with 2 people,but slow

enough to muster up cattle on the farm,distance wise about 120km on a full tank,very easy to fly very forgiving.Hope that was of some help for you ,good luck.