N American Pilot Tour of Oz?

Jack Tyler

Several pilot friends over here (in the States) have raved about an organized tour hosted in Australia, and I'm wondering if it is still being conducted. U.S. (and perhaps Canadian?) pilots arrived in Oz, benefited by some familiarization flights at group-rates so they could be granted reciprocal privileges, and then went on a tour across multiple states, cities to outback, as set up by the Aussie tour operator. It was supposedly curtailed for a while but, so one pilot here claimed, was recently reinstated. I can't find anything current about it in our aviation fora and Mr. Google, so I thought I'd ask about it here. Does someone perhaps have a link or a name they could offer? Many thanks for the help.

Jack Tyler

Jacksonville, FL USA (but a Brisbane resident not too long ago)

Guest Howard Hughes

The company you are referring to was Goanna Air Tours, they were a great operation but closed down a long time ago. Here is another operator offering a similar product, I have no knowledge of them so can't vouch for them.

Cheers, Mark (aka HH)

http://www.airsafarisint.com/

Thanks for that, Mark. Actually, I think Air Safaris is the outfit that I heard about from a few U.S. pilots who did an Oz flying tour. And it looks like they offer an excellent selection of tour choices around Oz, too. Sadly, not priced for us mere (financial) mortals.

Jack