• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
rudix

3 KR2's from South Africa

Hi everyone!

I thought I should show my babies here.

Here is ZS-VYZ, a real hot-rod with a highly modified 2.4L engine remotely based on a VW. It has an inter-cooled turbo charger and fuel injection. The tail is a bit stretched and the cockpit is wider than normal.

She currently holds the South African speed record over a 500km track for aircraft under 600kg.

wb0p7531_std.jpg

Here is ZU-CGR, she is fun to fly with the tricycle landing gear. She is powered by a water-cooled 2.1 VW engine with turbo charger and fuel injection (direct).

rv7_5708_std.jpg

And lastly we have ZU-AMV, as yet incomplete. She will be powered by a Jabiru 3300A engine or a Subary 2.5L, time will tell.

This KR2 is very close to KR2S spec with a longer/larger tail and a few other mods.

dsc_9507_1_std.jpg

Fly safe,

Rudi

• Like 7

VYZ looks great. I often think getting into a KR-2 will be the reason go get my tail wheel endorsement. Do they comfortably seat two men though?

VYZ looks great. I often think getting into a KR-2 will be the reason go get my tail wheel endorsement. Do they comfortably seat two men though?

Thanks!

It does depend on the plane, and the men! Many planes are a bit wider than normal depending on the builder. Also depends on the size of the men. VYZ would fit 2 x normal men without a problem but CGR is narrower, I think standard width.

So fit before you buy else build to your own spec.