Hi To all

skyhawk

I live on the Gold Coast Australia and fly regularly, my current aircraft is a Bearhawk. I have flown C152, C172,Grumman Tiger, J3Cub,T Bird II , Warrior and Skybolt

Hi Skyhawk, and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif,

Sounds like you have a lot of experience. Care to tell us a bit more about your background?

Cheers

Neil

Hi SKYHAWK. . . . .

Welcome to the forum.

Bunch of nice, well experienced people here, they obviously tolerate idiots, as they didn't ban me the same day I joined.

I have a friend living on the Gold Coast, we used to work together in teh Signs and Graphics industry, until he saw the light and moved to Queensland just over five years ago. I'll have to get the two of you together some time, as he is really interested in getting a Pilot Licence, I flew him around for a short while in the X'Air microlight you see on my avatar, and it became fairly obvious that he is one of those lucky devils who seem to pick up a new and alien skill very quickly, I'd flown with him from the right hand seat for around three hours, after which he was able to approach an airfield, and land the machine in a multitude of different circumstances without getting into a flap. I took him out in a PA28R200, ( Arrow 4 ) and after two hours he had the measure of the difference in inertia too. ( and he DIDN'T FORGET to raise the gear,. . . as I oftten do when I'm flying something with retractable dunlops. . . ) Very rare.

His name is unusual, so you'll probably remember it, it's Marvin Machette Challinor. ( French relatives I think !! ) He has just moved his family inland a few klicks from the Coast, and I have not got the new address yet. Heck of a nice bloke in his late thirties. Two of my best friends are staying at his gaff as I write, for the next four weeks, so I guess he'll be a bit busy showing them around.

Can anyone tell me what "Harbourtown" is, I have not heard of it, I left S.E.Q. in 1982, but flew around the Queensland coast for many years. . . . . Is it a new village or summat ?????

Phil

Hi SKYHAWK. . . . .Welcome to the forum.

Bunch of nice, well experienced people here, they obviously tolerate idiots, as they didn't ban me the same day I joined.

I have a friend living on the Gold Coast, we used to work together in teh Signs and Graphics industry, until he saw the light and moved to Queensland just over five years ago. I'll have to get the two of you together some time, as he is really interested in getting a Pilot Licence, I flew him around for a short while in the X'Air microlight you see on my avatar, and it became fairly obvious that he is one of those lucky devils who seem to pick up a new and alien skill very quickly, I'd flown with him from the right hand seat for around three hours, after which he was able to approach an airfield, and land the machine in a multitude of different circumstances without getting into a flap. I took him out in a PA28R200, ( Arrow 4 ) and after two hours he had the measure of the difference in inertia too. ( and he DIDN'T FORGET to raise the gear,. . . as I oftten do when I'm flying something with retractable dunlops. . . ) Very rare.

His name is unusual, so you'll probably remember it, it's Marvin Machette Challinor. ( French relatives I think !! ) He has just moved his family inland a few klicks from the Coast, and I have not got the new address yet. Heck of a nice bloke in his late thirties. Two of my best friends are staying at his gaff as I write, for the next four weeks, so I guess he'll be a bit busy showing them around.

Can anyone tell me what "Harbourtown" is, I have not heard of it, I left S.E.Q. in 1982, but flew around the Queensland coast for many years. . . . . Is it a new village or summat ?????

Phil

Hi Phil, Harbour Town is a shopping centre located in the suburb of Biggera Waters on the GC. The Gold Coast has grown massively since 1982.

Hi SKYHAWK. . . . .Can anyone tell me what "Harbourtown" is, I have not heard of it, I left S.E.Q. in 1982, but flew around the Queensland coast for many years. . . . . Is it a new village or summat ?????

Phil

I believe this is what your asking about Phil?

http://www.harbourtowngoldcoast.com.au/directory.html

Struuth. . . Thanks for the info Daz and that link Stew. . . well, it was fairly obvious that the GC was going to grow, I used to work there for a Sign / graphic company for a while, and the amount of building and expansion was obvious back in '82. . . . I've been looking at it on Google Earth, to see if I can locate places I know, but it's really expanded exponentially hasn't it. . . . As I mentioned earlier, I have a couple of friends staying there for the next four weeks or so, and on skype they mentioned Harbourtown, which prompted the original query. I know Biggera Waters, but I'll bet I'd get rapidly lost on me motorbike around there nowadays !

Thank you for the info Gentlemen. . . . . Much appreciated. Got to make more money so that I can justify a couple of months vacation . . . . . . . .

Phil

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome,

Neil my experience has been in engineering and have been flying for about 15 years and have built 2 aircraft from plans.

The first of those was the Bearhawk which I still fly and have done so for the last 11 years.

And to Phil I fly from Heck Field at Jacobs Well which is to the north of the Gold Coast and If your friend was to venture out to the airfield at some time he could meet some of the guys and might even be able to go for a fly.

Merv