Video: aerochuting

Guest Fred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas for the comments.Love this laid back flying,never tire of it.Therm I see you on the forums sometimes,and I will post you a reply

when I go out to Childers Aerodrome again so you can feel free to come over.

Nice Fred! May I ask what is the max height you have taken it to?

I have taken it as high up as 2500 AMSL not really all that great,as it gets a bit lonely up that height.I prefer around 500 to 1000 AGL ,you see more.

Guest GraemeM

I took my little 503 Aerochute up to 8500' one evening.

It was to dam cold and that seat kept getting narrower.

I did turn the noise off and had a great time floating on down for a quiet landing in my back yard.

Can't remember how long it took to come down but it felt like forever.

Graeme.

Nice video Fred. I enjoyed watching that.

We all noticed that you obviously went for a pedicure before filming the flight, or, maybe it was just the camera angle promoting aviation thongs.

Not been in an aerochute, but it looks like you swing like a pendulum under the canopy, maybe the camera makes it look a wilder ride than it actually is.

Nevertheless it looks like a whole ball of fun.

Nice video Fred. I enjoyed watching that.We all noticed that you obviously went for a pedicure before filming the flight, or, maybe it was just the camera angle promoting aviation thongs.

Not been in an aerochute, but it looks like you swing like a pendulum under the canopy, maybe the camera makes it look a wilder ride than it actually is.

Nevertheless it looks like a whole ball of fun.

Flying in summer gives me a window of opportunity of calm weather for around 1hr right after sunrise if i am at 500ft agl or 11/2 hrs at 1000 ft agl, then the thumpers start kicking in as you saw

on the vid,but you were right it looks worse on video than when your actually up there.The thongs believe it or not give me a better feel on the throttle than the boots do.Cheers.