Accident: Jacobs Well - blue Foxbat

A blue Foxbat has crashed at Jacobs Well. Probably from Heck Field. A couple have walked away. Pretty sure I have seen this aircraft at Boonah a few times.

BA86NnLCcAADcoa.jpg:large

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as they say...any landing u can walk away from....is a good one!....perfect example...the a/c and its equipment protected the occupants in a unexpected situation...and they live to fly another day....!

That's 2 of these in SEQld in last 3 weeks. Why are perfectly good modern, Rotax powered aircraft coming to grief? Mechanical? Environmental? Or human error? Odds favour the latter....

• Like 2

The following statement can be found at Wikipedia regarding the Foxbat, although I have not personally seen one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroprakt_A-22

The kit comes with either the 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax 912UL or optionally the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS. The 85 hp (63 kW) Jabiru 2200 can also be fitted.[

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

i have a problem with raa cfi's ..working at at a differrent standard to ga cfi's...

What on earth are you raving about? Are you not aware of the student demographic we work with? Gimme a break.

• Like 2

Rubbish...I've seen a couple..............................................Maj...063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Maj the person posting here as Silverwing is the Australian importer of Foxbats so I think he would know. maybe it might be an option elsewhere but none have come to Australia.

To my knowledge, no Foxbats are legitimately in Australia with Jabiru engines. The factory did originally offer them but have not installed a Jabiru engine for at least the last 8 years - in fact they told me about 2 years ago during a visit that only one factory A22 had a Jabiru engine and they were not happy with it and would discontinue the option.

For factory-built aircraft, the type certificate for the ultralight Foxbat and the compliance certificate for the LSA Foxbat only cover the Rotax 912 series. Indeed, the whole aircraft is designed around the Rotax 912 and would require a lot of modification to enable the Jabiru engine to be installed and used safely - why go to all that bother and expense to have that engine?

Maybe you're getting confused with Foxcon, Skyfox, Kitfox, Eurofox etc - all of which I believe have been built with Jabiru engines?

Guest Maj Millard

Silverwing...I am sure I saw a white Foxbat at Shute harbor on day fitted with a Jab engine. As a level 2 I take an interest in these things, however I could have been mistaken, or it could well have been just a real bad dream !!.....................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif