Site Update - Tables in posts

Admin

I have just added a function that allows you to format post content as a table. To do this you will need to use the site "bbcodes". All the bbcodes you can use in your posts can be found under "Help" and then "BB Codes" on the main site menu.

To create a table you need to use the following codes:

Table - creates the table frame

TR - creates a table row

TD - creates a table cell

(each code needs to be enclosed within square brackets "[]" to start the formatting and then at the end of the format the code needs to be enclosed within the square brackets again but with a "/"

So the codes will look like this:

[TABLE][TR][TD]This is a standard cell in a table.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

To create a table of say 2x2 cells you insert this into your post:

[TABLE][TR][TD]cell 1.[/TD][TD]cell 2.[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]cell 3.[/TD][TD]cell 4.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

and when you submit your post, it will display like this:

[TABLE][TR][TD]cell 1.[/TD][TD]cell 2.[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]cell 3.[/TD][TD]cell 4.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Yes, a bit of fiddling around but a great tool when you need to display data in a table format.

For the more adventurous there is also a TH - Header Row Cell that you can use to highlight that the cells in that row are column headings

Hope this helps!

Whoa...head aching. This stuff makes me feel OLD. 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

You produce an amazing site, Ian. And it amazes me further that you aren't contracted to run the RAAus site so that it actually serves the membership.

kaz

• Agree 1

Thanks Kaz, we all know that story 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

The site has always had a facility to include html in a post however for security reasons, only myself and the mods are able to do that. HTML can allow a user to include very nasty code in their posts so to ensure everyone's safety, as much as we can, this functionality is not allowed to be used by the masses, this unfortunately only leaves the fiddly bbcode (stands for Bulletin Board Code) that is less friendly and more confusing to the average user.

Guest Andys@coffs

Hi

Check out my post here to see this in action. Normal posts that are just plain text in content probably dont need this but anything with numbers....Its a capability that we need.

Thanks Ian

Andy

HiCheck out my post here to see this in action. Normal posts that are just plain text in content probably dont need this but anything with numbers....Its a capability that we need.

Thanks Ian

Andy

Andy, I just edited the link in your post above to make it specific to the post that you were referring to...if anyone wishes to insert a link to a specific post, you can click the post # on the right of a post. This will open a "Permalink" popup box that will show you the exact link address to that specific post.

For example if you click the #4 in the above post this is what you will see popup:

1.jpg.ca66bb1a1a164318c06f350af921c9ea.jpg

Everything you will need to link to that post whether it be on this site or inserting a link to that specific post on another site is included in that "Permalink" popup window...note you can even link to a post on here on one of the Social Media sites that you may use