Fun With GoPros

dlps73

I have a Hero 2. I am trying several settings to get the best results. The camera is mounted under the wing. I tried Hd on Saturday but the video ended up with a shaky view like waves going through the picture. I was using the narrow setting to remove the view of the prop. Any advice on settings. I have also ordered a polarising filter.

Compulsion:

Try using the 720p @ 50fps setting. I found it reduces the rolling shutter distortion and also gives a wider field of view. When you mount the camera, give it a bit of a wiggle to see how much it can move. If you're suctioning on to the wing try to find a spot where there is some reinforcement under the skin. Also using the fewest number of extra extenders is best ie keep the total mount as short as possible.

Winsor seems to be the only one that understands the effort that's involved in the production of this sort of video - thanks mate... Seriously though would you want a video with the soundtrack being purely Rotax? Even I would turn the sound off!

Scott - pink was in reference to Dark Side of the Moon an album by Pink Floyd. If iTunes ever get to Queensland you should download a few of their albums - I recommend "The Wall".

Sadly I have no knowledge of Magic Roundabout - didn't really get into drugs in my youth - no condemnation there for those that did.

And for GoPro users - keep an eye on the attachment forks - I've had two break so far.

iTunes? That's not even proper spelling.

Yes, I broke one of the latch legs on a mount the other day...Not impressed!

Never heard of a band called Pink Doug! I must have been stoned that year.

Oh yeah you said Floyd. Never heard of Doug Floyd either. Are you sure you don't mean Floyd Doug? I knew him. He was a farmer.....

Magic roundabout? Are you sure you Don't mean Mgic mushrooms? I know what they are. There was this Guy Floyd Doug, he was a farmer....

Great video Scott - really impressed with the bloke that guards your aircraft, ex-crim? He's probably cheaper than a rottweiler, though not as attractive. Sadly I can only afford a hanger.

Notice you haven't added a soundtrack yet, you're obviously waiting for me to recommend something - leave it with me!

Seriously though it's nice to get a glimpse of other people's backyard - good stuff 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

That guy is ex-military and he doesn't do mamby-pamby music box music. But he eats more than a Rottweiler, and he doesn't take no cheap crap.

Yep you can reccomend some music, but you'll have to get it past the Rottweiler without getting bitten.

We do try though.