This is why I love my job!

Guest Howard Hughes

That explains it....thought I saw a ambulance on the tarmac....actually had a customer in here last week who is a FO for Virgin he was telling me he is sick of driving buses and wants to get a job flying for the RFDS...it would be a great job plenty of variety and lots of different airfields and some really tricky situations. Would be one of the best jobs for sure

• Agree 1

Guest Howard Hughes

I occasionally get to Denny! Our visits are usually less than half an hour, but I'd be up for a quick gidday!

Cheers, Mark.

Lord Howe was an ancestor...? 109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

Sweet view indeed, the early morning light kinda made me feel sleepy. When I saw the runway arrows were pointing in the opposite direction I was surprised but then realised they were indicating the threshold and you hadn't come in the wrong way. 058_what_the.gif.7624c875a1b9fa78348ad40493faf23c.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
Great vid Howie but that camera of yours sure wasn't awake until you turned away from the sun. A great pity as I'd have liked to see the approach more clearly.

The video was a spur of the moment idea, I used the camera phone as that was all I had. Not sure about manual aperture on the phone, I can clean the video up on youtube (which shows the runway better), however the colors of the morning sky are lost!

Might have to put a Go-Pro on Mrs Hughes shopping list! Would love to take a cockpit video of an entire flight (with sound effects).

HH. I am somewhat of an expert in the field of cockpit video/audio recordings. :) I could easily set something up for you in minutes that would not be intrusive at all. :).. But it would require an operator.. hhhmmm...Let me think...Who would be good at that...uumm... MMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!...lol