RAA at Avalon

prwood

Hi all...Not wanting to being critical of the volunteers manning the tent, but seriously, is this the best we can do?

I visited the tent with my flying buddy on Friday around 4pm to find ...a tent with some trestle tables inside, a section of a plywood & timber fuselage & a few people milling around inside. Nothing on the outside to say "Hey, come in & talk to us about this great sport."

Nothing inside the tent to grab your attention & no-one came up to acknowledge our existence or say G'day. Sure, there was a roped off area with a few RAA registered aircraft sitting in it, but no-one in attendance to talk to anyone about the displayed aircraft. By comparison, all the USA visiting aircraft had enthusiastic personnel willing to engage in conversation, anyone showing interest.......Very unimpressed.

Guest Andys@coffs

So at present we have No GM/CEO and No Tech Manager but the board is full on recruiting. We have a CASA audit number 5 coming shortly and the associated issues there....Perhaps correctly the team are working on saving what we have rather than working to recruit more members....

I would hope that next time we can do better because fundamental issues will have been resolved and we survived to next time!

Andy

Sure, there was a roped off area with a few RAA registered aircraft sitting in it, but no-one in attendance to talk to anyone about the displayed aircraft. .

We were there to talk about our plane, and were often about to give info and we did to several people who asked and were interested.

Sorry you weren't impressed PRW.

I am there tomorrow if anybody wants to have a look at our plane....and will be all day. Our number is displayed in the front, if we aren't around.

Just holler. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

-Linda

• Like 1

Did anybody get a look at the ASRA (gyro's) display?How did that compare?

Graeme.

I have to say much much much better...out the front of the RAAus tent was just a powered chute...the HGFA tent contained a lot of displays so to did the SAAA tent...and even the Holbrook Museum tent had 2 examples in there

Guest Yampy

I've not visited the Airshow this time around , although in 2011 I recall the RAAus tent was manned by Ian and the then CEO who both did a stirling job in promoting the organization ... How times have changed ... It has me worried what the Temora effort is shaping up to be ..

I agree that the management team have a lot on their plate at the moment, but hey, they have had 2 years to plan since the last show & it's not as if this is the first time they have been at the show. Perhaps I will consider volunteering next time once I have finished nursing my wife through a particularly nasty bout of chemo/stem cell transplant therapy. I thought the ASRA display was terrific & the glider mob even had a simulator.

Pete

• Agree 1

Here's a thought...what say the RAAus concentrates on the Admin side of things and Recreational Flying and its site users handle all the Social and Promotion side of things like NatFly, Northern Flyin and other air shows for promotion...everyone here could get behind it and organise it together 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1