Aerolite 103

jamel

In an article in the last Sportspilot reference was made to the Aerolite 103. Does anyone know if any of these are operating in Oz. If not, does anyone have an opinion of the likelyhood of them being able to be registered here?

• 2 weeks later...

I had email correspondence with the company that bought the Fly103 rights.

They indicated if an Australian business was to take on a dealership of their plane they'd ensure the 103 was able to be certified in Australia as factory built.

Currently not selling kits. Didn't sound like they wanted to.

The inference I took was that it would currently be registerable in the same way any experimental plane from overseas brought herewould be.

However, I never bothered to follow up and ask RAA to find out for sure.

I had email correspondence with the company that bought the Fly103 rights.They indicated if an Australian business was to take on a dealership of their plane they'd ensure the 103 was able to be certified in Australia as factory built.

The inference I took was that it would currently be registerable in the same way any experimental plane from overseas brought herewould be.

Thanks for that info. I would like to build something simple like that to keep up my stick and rudder flying! however being a first time builder I am not prepared to go it alone, so I will keep looking about for something similiar where others have already been there and done that!

I had email correspondence with the company that bought the Fly103 rights.They indicated if an Australian business was to take on a dealership of their plane they'd ensure the 103 was able to be certified in Australia as factory built.

Lovely looking ultralight.$16 500 US fully built with electric start and intruments Hirth engine.Sounds like a good price. Only thing that may hold it back will that at that price plus import costs, GST etc. It is getting into the price range of good quality 2nd hand Drifters & Thrusters .

Would be fun though