Soloman makes the news in USA

Good work HeadInTheClouds defending Solomon on the international front, it turned what was potentially a destructive theme into a positive one about ambition and creativity. Very appropriate to cover a fellows back as we get nearer to Anzac Day! Very in spirit.

My thanks to you HITC

Phil

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Guest Maj Millard

Yes well done HITC...I can tell you after working as an EAA sanctioned amatuer builder inspector /mentor for a few years in California, I remember seeing at least two projects way scaryier than Solomons !!!...............................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Yes well done HITC...I can tell you after working as an EAA sanctioned amatuer builder inspector /mentor for a few years in California, I remember seeing at least two projects way scaryier than Solomons !!!...............................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

There was an african CH701??? photo doing the rounds a few years ago, it was way scarier because it was intendened to fly!

There was an african CH701??? photo doing the rounds a few years ago, it was way scarier because it was intendened to fly!

I think you're referring to Gabriel the "Innovator" and his homebuilt plane. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

See:

for a 2 minute story about this.
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed that video. A true scratch-built aircraft showing plenty of innovation. imagination and enthusiasm. Perfectly safe too, because it will never get off the ground. In fact unless they fix up the nose wheel, it might not even make it to the taxiway. I wonder if they will make it available as a kit? Good luck to them. Shows what can be achieved with a positive attitude. Sometimes it's the journey that matters, not the end result. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

rgmwa

.... I remember seeing at least two projects way scaryier than Solomons !!!...............................Maj...014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

I lived in Africa for 18yrs and I can tell you that Gabriel is a helluva lot smarter than most here might have appreciated. Now, Maj might be a bit of a lad with the ladies but I reckon Gabriel's conquests would leave Maj green with envy. It doesn't matter if Gabriel's plane flies or not - the thing is, he has a plane and that's powerful stuff as far as the Mfazis are concerned. Gabriel's plane isn't about flying, it's all about girls! (as his signature line would say...)

• Like 1

The 701 I was refering to didn't have the benefit of a fibreglass cowling, it was shaped and pieced together out of offcuts and had fittingly ugly cladding in other parts, but otherwise was recognisable as a zenith. Was a still photo.

Guest Maj Millard

So hang on !!!....I have a plane , in fact I have two, where are all my Mfazis..s ?????? please ex-:roflmao:plane.........................