RAAus Registration Update 27/5/2013

Admin

Number of new aircraft registrations processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 79

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 1345

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed during preceding week (ended 24/05/2013) - 48

Number of aircraft registration renewals awaiting the provision – by owners – of additional information - 150

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no indication on how many aircraft are actually grounded due to expired rego or awaiting to be processed? Double the amount of aircraft waiting "additional info" since last update a few weeks ago

• Agree 1

Guest bluespot

Hi,

it might help everyone going forward if we can condense the known issues that have been individually identified by users -- round up the usual suspects as it were. I realize you will say that RAA should do this but its about time that we collectively ask not what the RAA can do for us but what we can do for RAA, and in turn ourselves, as it is is our association after all? (Apologies or acknowledgment to JFK)

Thus far I have picked on, and will have ready for my renewal due Sept.

Ian how about creating a "sticky" up dates only by mod of the issues are they are identified and resolved

• Dated photo of warning placard

• Photo, I guess the dated thing would be good for all, of MTOW -- making sure it is appropriate to the type, certification etc -- might be good that it mirrors what the aircraft data sheet says?

• Photo of the registration number underside wing -- might as well include all such.

• Do your own reflection -- have you changed that prop -- much good renewing a Gazelle with a nice photo of the rego framed by a 3 blade composite CSU

• Hasn't been mentioned but something is telling me to show photo of Registration Label displayed as required

I have considered submitting all docs duplicate of what was done when first registered just over a year ago. So what if "they" got them before -- photo copy is cheap and come to think of it JP is free.

P.P.P.P.P.P---- Proper Preparation Prevents Planes Parked Permanently.

Justin

Hi,it might help everyone going forward if we can condense the known issues that have been individually identified by users -- round up the usual suspects as it were. I realize you will say that RAA should do this but its about time that we collectively ask not what the RAA can do for us but what we can do for RAA, and in turn ourselves, as it is is our association after all? (Apologies or acknowledgment to JFK)

Instead of saying we should help RA-Aus, why don't you just read the manual?

Everything should be in the Tech Manual. Look at what is required in section 7 for your rego class - both for initial rego, and for renewal. If you have covered all this, you should OK (umm, except...)

Except....

• You might have sent in a Final Inspection, or a Weight and Balance, but RA don't have it. You can't easily check what they have or don't have on file; and

• The Tech manual doesn't state some things. For example, a 25 rego has no requirements in the tech manual, certainly as far as the "If you fly this you will die - please don't sue us, CASA" placard goes; and

• If your aircraft is factory built, pray that the type certificate is still considered valid.

So read the Tech Manual, check out what is required for initial rego, and for renewal, and check everything has been sent. If it isn't stated in the Tech manual for your rego class, pick the nearest and send that in. Then cross your fingers.

dodo

I am not being critical of RA-AUS, I just would like to get an idea as to what is a normal waiting period presuming I have submitted all the correct and complete documents and photos. If it's 4 weeks or 8 weeks or something else than that's fine I appreciate the office is under equipped and over worked and I'll be just happy to get my Nynja provisionally approved!

its about time that we collectively ask not what the RAA can do for us but what we can do for RAA, and in turn ourselves, as it is is our association after all? (Apologies or acknowledgment to JFK)

......and you know what happened to him!

One of my photos was unreadable , they couldn't read the cockpit warnings. Sent again and hopefully it will be OK. The other problem was no final inspection. George phoned me and he did find some paperwork, but no check list for the inspection. I didn't even know it was needed and had expected the LAME to do the paperwork correctly. Now I have to find the LAME, after 11 years and sort it all out. Casa are going to make sure every bit of paper warfare is correctly done.

• Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Has anyone with a new constructed aircraft had a rego issued and how long did it take from submission to receiving the approval? I have been waiting 4 weeks, is this normal? How much longer should I expect? Anyone?

I just hope you get yours regoed before my papers get down there about november, It would be embarassing if my papers got sat on top of yours and my rego came out first. Steve H...

I just hope you get yours regoed before my papers get down there about november, It would be embarassing if my papers got sat on top of yours and my rego came out first. Steve H...

G'day Steve, I'll have take up racing again if I have to wait that long! No it won't happen!

Have you got something to build now?

I was talking with RAAus today as my renewal is due in July. I thought that I might be able to see if there was anything on the file of my aircraft which may be deficient. They won't tell you. You just have to wait until they send out the renewal notice then after you pay they look at your file and then advise you if anything is missing. One thing mentioned was that a photo of both sides of the fuse with the rego numbers is needed, possibly so that air services don't miss out on camera footage to send you a bill for a landing fee.

I then rang Jabiru who were able to provide so much more info to me. They had on file everything that they had supplied to RA Aus on initial registration, they also advised that they have provided the same information for the past few years without issues. They have clearly had no problem gaining initial registration in recent days and weeks. So fingers crossed my renewal may be a smooth process.

I know of an aircraft that took three months, and they just got it this week ,looks like it is about 2 months wait , the good news is that Wayne has got approval to get another 5 helpers, he and his wife are working very hard and very long hours to try and help us all.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Thanks Morgan, it just helps planning time away from work, family etc to get a bit of an idea of the time frame. I do understand and appreciate the effort being put in by a small number of staff at RA-AUS, I'll be happy as when it comes in.

Cheers.

• Agree 1

All the information you need is in the "Registration Update" on the RA-Aus website. Isn't it?

It does seem reasonable to me that a Registrations debacle update should tell you more. If they were really trying to give you a clear picture of how it is all going they could tell you things like:

- how long will my aircraft be in the backlog? or,

- how many aircraft are in the backlog in front of my aircraft?

- when will the aircraft backlog be eliminated?

- Has my aircraft been added to the "better hope your aircraft is not on this list"

as have CTLS, Pipistrels, early Stings, other aircraft from the Euro 450kg environment,

and anything with an inflight, variable pitch prop . . .

But there are some interesting statistics available to you if you want to do the simple calculations on the numbers in the Registrations Update Table, like:

• If there have been 1,345 renewals between 15 Nov 2012 and 24 May 2013, how many could be done at that rate in a full year?
    How does that compare with 3,500+ that come up for renewal each year?

• If there have been 48 renewals in the last week, how many would get done in 52 weeks
    How does that compare with 3,500+ that come up for renewal each year?

The answers for those not inclined to drag out a calculator are that at the current rate, about 2,500 would be processed in a full year giving a deficit of 1,000 aircraft.

But, that's nothing for anyone to worry about because this Board has been doing its absolute best for the 190 days in question and, after all, what more can one do but your best? And they are only volunteers.

Unarguably, this Board has demonstrated that this problem is beyond their best endeavors.

On the Board's own numbers, after 27 weeks, the situation has deteriorated rapidly rather than improved markedly. Perhaps Steve Runicman did these calculations and decided that he should give somebody else a go at a problem that he was unable to put a dent in and that actually got a lot worse under his leadership?

Middo admitted to 100 aircraft being in the backlog on 9th February at Queanbeyan. On closer questioning he was prepared to 'fess up to 200. By Natfly it was said to be 400. But, is it really closer to 700? And heading for 1,000? Who knows?

If this world class maladministration and poor governance is what you'd like to see continue, then do what 80% of the membership always do, allow this Board to be returned unopposed in the upcoming elections. Or forget and forgive and just vote them back in because they are well intended good blokes, doing their best. Many on this Board have been there for years or, like Middo were once part of the Management.

If you want a different outcome you will need to do something different. Find out about the other candidates who have nominated and will be announced in the June edition of SportPilot. Invite them to your aero club BBQ for a chat.

The current mob (Jim T excluded) have had their day and they need to go. They have overseen the RA-Aus spiral dive into deepest trouble.

Please, Vote - and for the sake of the future - Vote for a new team on the Board!

• Like 1

The current mob (Jim T excluded) have had their day and they need to go. They have overseen the RA-Aus spiral dive into deepest trouble.

I had been getting the impression that the exclusions to your statement, while still in the minority, certainly number more than one. Perhaps even four. What everyone in the association needs to do is get to know the nominees for their own area, if we all do that we will get the best board that we can have.

• Agree 2

I had been getting the impression that the exclusions to your statement, while still in the minority, certainly number more than one. Perhaps even four. What everyone in the association needs to do is get to know the nominees for their own area, if we all do that we will get the best board that we can have.

Yes, there is more than one member of the current Board that, like Jim T, have been fighting a (so far) losing battle for sound governance and all the other things a competent Board should be doing. With luck (and enough motivated members who get off their a***es and vote for change), after the coming elections they'll no longer be the minority.

Let's not beat around the bushes.

Myles Breitkreutz is a member of the old boys club - been there forever. He needs to make way for new blood.

Gavin Thobaven - well, after he showed his colours on here, I need not comment further. We need somebody new from W.A.

Paul Middleton - at the heart of RA-Aus problems and ring leader of the old boys club - unfortunately not up for election this time.

Dave Caban - a former failed Treasurer and on the Board for 12 of the last 13 years. Should have got the message when last defeated and stayed away. Member of the old boys club.

Eugene Reid - failed Treasurer, longest serving board member, old boys club founder. Surely there is one other person in Tasmania who could run against him. Don't think he's up this time either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Caution 1

Let's not beat around the bushes.Myles Breitkreutz is a member of the old boys club - been there forever. He needs to make way for new blood.

Gavin Thobaven - well, after he showed his colours on here, I need not comment further. We need somebody new from W.A.

Paul Middleton - at the heart of RA-Aus problems and ring leader of the old boys club - unfortunately not up for election this time.

Dave Caban - a former failed Treasurer and on the Board for 12 of the last 13 years. Should have got the message when last defeated and stayed away. Member of the old boys club.

Eugene Reid - failed Treasurer, longest serving board member, old boys club founder. Surely there is one other person in Tasmania who could run against him. Don't think he's up this time either.

This is exactly the kind of information the silent previously non-voting, just wanna go flying association members need to have access to as they pull their heads out of the sand and work towards the future of our association.

• Agree 2

I always enjoyed the picture of Eugene in the Raa rag with him wearing his captain's epaulettes, reminded me of the old saying, the uniform makes the man.

The problem still remains with the 90% of RAA members that have not even the slightest wish to see the RAA succeed.

• Caution 1

Guest Escadrille
I always enjoyed the picture of Eugene in the Raa rag with him wearing his captain's epaulettes, reminded me of the old saying, the uniform makes the man.The problem still remains with the 90% of RAA members that have not even the slightest wish to see the RAA succeed.

I reckon the majority of the members would disagree with you on that one FT. 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif