Savannah door struts

Robert

Hi all

I am sick of the doors not staying open and thinking its time for new gas struts any advise on what ones to replace them with ????

You can get them custom made here in SA about $30 each. If you have the old ones, he can make them the same length with the same fittings, measure the force rating and make the new ones slightly stronger. He did a set for me for my drifter canopy and they are really good.

• Informative 1

No, they removed the small end attachment fitting and placed it into a pressure chamber and re pressurised the init to the original value and checked unit on a mechanical tester after replacing the end fitting.

All ready to reinstall into Savannah door.

They quoted approx $30 .00 for a new item.

If you need assistance pm me and I can either take your unit to them or purchase a new strut for you. Their contact no is 07-54281006.

Regards Graham

• Agree 1

The strut was installed incorrectly by original builder 4 years ago eg main strut body to the bottom.

I was told that you normally get a few recharges before the strut seals have had it if installed correctly.

The pressure check was ok and I suppose the worst case scenario will be that I will need to buy a new item for $30.00.

Will keep you posted.