GA Flight schools in Townsville?

Tomo

Hey y'all! I'll be working north of Clermont for a month or so in the next couple weeks... and my BFR is due in a couple of weeks!! So I had this bright idea of doing my bfr from Townsville, or somewhere near there so as to do a familiariseational flight with an instructor of the area and airspace. Kill two birds with the one stone so to speak.

Any recommended places?

Thanks! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Try Neil Hoffensetz at Ayr Tomo. He has a C172 and a Jab. Let me know when you are going to be there, and I'll come over, we can do some laps in the Lightwing. Where north of Clermont ?...I've got rellies on Willisie, Laural Hills, and Twin Hills up that way..................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Is that GA or RAA. BFR Tomo ?........If RAA you could to my mate Steve Odonnell at Stark Field west of Townsville. ATA flight School...has Gazelle and Jab 170........What have they kicked you out at Cecil Plains lol..........Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Is that GA or RAA. BFR Tomo ?........If RAA you could to my mate Steve Odonnell at Stark Field west of Townsville. ATA flight School...has Gazelle and Jab 170........What have they kicked you out at Cecil Plains lol..........Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Neil Hoffensetz at Ayr does both GA & RAA.

2 GA only schools at Townsville using C172s

RAA only at Woodstock Steve O'Donnell

Although as you would be aware a GA BFR in a C172 covers an RAA BFR (for HP anyway, some differing opinions on LP )

GA Maj... not kicked me out, just doing contract work around the place.