A trial flight please?

Guest Escadrille

Guest Escadrille

Hi All, Due to a change in house location,I am looking at changing my aircraft and now need the short field performance of the Savannah. I also like the reasonable cruise and other attributes of the Savannah.I live on the Darling Downs and wonder if anyone would be willing to give me trial flight in a Savannah Please? I am of course willing to pay for fuel and I could fly to you in my Jabiru (field length permitting!).

I can be contacted on 0400472303 or via this site. Many Thanks Andy

Guest Escadrille

Hi Mark,

I live between Clifton and Nobby on the Southern Downs, approx 30 km south of Toowoomba.My Jabiru is at the Wyreema strip (grass 09-27, avgas available on the strip) south of Toowoomba (151 52 E 27 40S), if you like I could meet you there.

I could also meet you at the Clifton strip (which is on the Brisbane WAC) just west of Clifton which has a very active club and a long grass strip.Or I can meet you at Toowoomba airport or Warwick airport.

What ever suits you best Mark, I would be most appreciative of the opportunity and experience. Thank you very much,

Andy

Not sure when it will be I expect it will be in a couple of weeks time...I am going to fly out to Rankamateur's place south of Texas. He is building a Savannah S so when he gets some progress I am going to fly out there for the weekend. He is busy preping and etch priming all the parts. If your flying up near caboolture anytime let me know as that is where I am hangared

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All, Due to a change in house location,I am looking at changing my aircraft and now need the short field performance of the Savannah. I also like the reasonable cruise and other attributes of the Savannah.I live on the Darling Downs and wonder if anyone would be willing to give me trial flight in a Savannah Please? I am of course willing to pay for fuel and I could fly to you in my Jabiru (field length permitting!).I can be contacted on 0400472303 or via this site. Many Thanks Andy

Would be happy to assist with a flight in our school Savannah S and can also run you through the appropriate LP characteristics as well. Will call tomorrow.

Guest Escadrille
Would be happy to assist with a flight in our school Savannah S and can also run you through the appropriate LP characteristics as well. Will call tomorrow.

Good morning BP2469er.

That would be really useful thank you. Where exactly is your school located?

Andy

• 3 months later...
Be careful Andy, it only takes one ride and nothing else will do.

hey there rankamateur how u doin i like that comment although im a long way from having my own aircraft (both in training and finances) the savannah s seems to be popular.as my experience grows i recko i will be hunting around for a flight as well.i definately know i will be going to clifton for their flyin this coming march.however i do realize i have a bit to go but there is nothing sayin i cant plan (well ) ahead lol cheers

If you are seriously keen, and you see Reg's maroon XL, kid to him a bit and he will probrably take you for a couple of circuits, he goes to lots of fly-ins, and often Clifton. He has been flying since 1977 so you will be in safe hands and he can show you what a Savannah is good for. Give him a ring at 026729niner20two before hand and check that he is going, make yourself look keen.

• Like 1

If you are seriously keen, and you see Reg's maroon XL, kid to him a bit and he will probrably take you for a couple of circuits, he goes to lots of fly-ins, and often Clifton. He has been flying since 1977 so you will be in safe hands and he can show you what a Savannah is good for. Give him a ring at 026729niner20two before hand and check that he is going, make yourself look keen.

....make yourself look keen....always works with my wife. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Alan.