wing build

foxworker

Hi Fox owners,

Just a reminder, if you need your wing structures repaired or rebuilt to the original factory specs, (I have the build specifications), contact me on this forum or call me on 0402 871 771. Any work would have to be done here in Brisbane north side. cheers Paul T. ex. Fox 'dragger instructor/factory wing structure builder/trainer.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hi Fox owners,Just a reminder, if you need your wing structures repaired or rebuilt to the original factory specs, (I have the build specifications), contact me on this forum or call me on 0402 871 771. Any work would have to be done here in Brisbane north side. cheers Paul T. ex. Fox 'dragger instructor/factory wing structure builder/trainer.

Hi Paul

If your ever travelling through Mackay give me a call and I'll get you up for a fly. Also have you had any look or contact with the new Coastal Fox and its wing design?

Cheers

Mike

Hi PaulIf your ever travelling through Mackay give me a call and I'll get you up for a fly. Also have you had any look or contact with the new Coastal Fox and its wing design?

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the offer Mike, yes I have spoken to Rob, as for the new wing etc. not sure when it will go ahead.

I have been told by a certain person that he can get them from the states, I expect he would have to buy in bulk, then once over here he would mill the ends out to the specs., I'm yet to see any. I'm not absolutely sure what the rulings are on extending life on the current spars, but the way I look at it is this, spars in the wing structures at present can be extracted, inspected, chemically treated again and put back in, by a suitably qualified/experienced person. It is quite a job and really does require good knowledge of the structure, even removing the old 2216 has to be done the correct way in order to eliminate damage to the spar. I've always maintained that the spar is not really much of an issue when the 4000 hr approaches (from memory it's 4000), it's the glue joints that could possibly be in need of attention, and by re-forming all the joints again, and there's over 125 2216 glue/flox joints per set alone ,( 1.4 kilograms of 2216 go into a set of fox wings from memory), and to remove and then reattach the false ribs, stringers,trailing edges and removing and re fitting the tanks, re sealing all the timber and joints, you'd pretty much have a fully reconditioned structure. I believe there would be a number of early foxes out there that would greatly benefit from such a process. cheers, Paul

• Informative 2