Scam?

Yenn

I advertised the Corby with RAAus and within hours had a reply asking about condition and price etc.Gave him that info and he gets back offering more than I was asking. Just send him my bank details and it is sold.

Has anyone else had this experience?

i can pay you in IOUs, if you can deliver the aeroplane... 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

You boys are giving me a complex, not all of us oil rig workers are like that:thumb up:.

Yenn you can just ship the plane down to me and I'll get my honest Nigerian mate to pay you lol.

Alf

Just a word of caution here - I recently sold my aircraft to a guy in the U.A.E. After his initial contact I thought " this has got to be a scam" , but I wanted to see how this guy was going to try to get money from me, so I played along. Long story short - his money is now in my account and the aircraft that used to be mine is in a container somewhere on the high seas as we speak.....

Regards Bill 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

These guys don't only work the RAA ads, they even work the Jab. site ads. and this site!. I put in an ad on the Jab. site for wings for our ST1, and got an offer of a pair, excellent condition, delivered from the UK for GBP$1,000. Yeah, as if. When I responded asking for details, (to keep things short here) - I was told they'd been removed from a slightly-crashed ST1, and had the serial number ST1 #0001. Just send the cash Western Union and they'd be on their way to me!

One minor problem I saw - the wings from ST1 0001 were sitting, along with the rest of ST1 0001, in my garage.... He'd gotten the serial number from my 'Wanted' note on this site! (because he'd quoted what I wrote, which actually didn't quote the serial number exactly correctly, as any Jab owner will recognise).

I played the guy along for a couple of weeks getting more info out of him, even sent him scurrying to firstly a Western Union office (with a false receipt number) and then an Instagram office. I had numerous bloody phone calls from him ( sub-continental accent, very English name..), then sent all the details I had to the UK On-Line Fraud people who didn't even respond to me. Then told him to sod off.

A week later, I got the SAME offer for sale (identical wording) from another name in the UK., which I ignored, and several more over the next couple of weeks.

I had the same scam when selling my car. A guy from an offshore rig wanted the car for his pregnant wife, he was going to buy it sight unseen and freight it to Perth from Victoria.

The catch was that he couldn't send money to pay the freight company ( he was on a rig and couldn't transfer money for a week and his wife was due to give birth any day) and wanted me to pay money into an account for freight to Perth, he would add the freight cost to the price of the car when he paid me in a weeks time.

The freight had to be paid in 3 days or the freight company wouldn't reserve a place on the truck going to Perth. The scam was that once you payed the freight cost there was no more contact from the buyer and the $500 dollar deposit payed into the bogus freight company account was lost with no trace.

It was lucky I smelt a rat when I received another E-mail that was similar from a guy in the navy with a similar story, also a scam.

Be aware it isn't always getting paid for what you are selling but a smaller amount for some other cost associated with the transaction that can get you scammed !!!!