Boonah apt...

Guest Tom

Hello,

Just bought a Flight Sim few days ago. Followed the instructions posted here (thanks IBaker). Does anyone have Boonah apt to include on the list. Got Caboolture, Watts, Redcliffe etc...

Another questions: is it worth the money (24 euros in this case) to download extra aircraft. I've read a nice review for Marchetti 260g i think it's called. Very real life supposedly. Are there any Australian built aircraft avaliable for download?

Thanks...

Hello, Just bought a Flight Sim few days ago. Followed the instructions posted here (thanks IBaker). Does anyone have Boonah apt to include on the list. Got Caboolture, Watts, Redcliffe etc...

Another questions: is it worth the money (24 euros in this case) to download extra aircraft. I've read a nice review for Marchetti 260g i think it's called. Very real life supposedly. Are there any Australian built aircraft avaliable for download?

Thanks...

- Hi Tom, glad it helped. Let us know how you are finding it and I am guessing here but I assume you got Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004? I will have a look around for Boonah and maybe "Ultralights" here in the forum may also be able to help you.As for the aircraft, Yes there are many many many different aircraft out there that can be either payware (costs to download) or freeware (free to download). The Jabiru that I often use was downloaded from flightsim at http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/search.htm - do a search for Jabiru. I found a Sapphire once but can't remember exactly where but I will have a look around for that. Some flight simulator sites have reviews on aircraft which you have discovered that can help if you are considering any payware, other then that there are also forums like this one at these sites where you could always place a post asking if anyone has purchased that aircraft and what are their thoughts.

As far as accuracy goes, there are some aircraft out there that are far from anything like the real thing but then there are some that actually go through checks with real pilots of the aircraft type before they get released. These ones ensure you are flying an aircraft in a sim that is as close as possible with the real thing. Also it gets even more fun when you change the weather creating downdrafts, thermals, crosswinds etc all at different altitudes. I like setting a 5kt headwind above 100 feet and variable 20kt crosswinds up to 100 feet - really keeps me using the pedals - The other thing I like is put the setting on that gets real time weather and the sim's weather is exactly what it is outside at the time. So when you are sitting at home with a thunderstorm going on outside, fire the sim up and fly a Jabiru in it for some great experience