High 5 from Deskpilot

Deskpilot

G'day one and all, Thought you might like a bit off background 'noise' to any posts I might make in the future. I chose the handle of Deskpilot some years ago when the only thing I flew was a fightsim.Since then I have joined the Aldinga Aero Club as a backseat pilot, and after two seasons of shark patrols along the metro beaches, Sellicks to Outer Harbour(check your maps), I finally got fed up with being in the rear of 172's and decided to get my RAAus license. Got 50 odd hour up now and only need to complete my Xcountry. Sorta got used to the user name so I've stuck with it. BTW, my interest in flying started waaaay back in '59 when I joined the RAF as an airbourne radar technician. Worked on Blackburn Beverley's for a year then retrained for E.E. Lightnings. Also worked on Hastings, Javelins, Hunters, Meteors, Vampires, Spitfires and Hurricans (polishing only). I currently fly Jabirus out of Recreational Pilots Academy at Murray Bridge, and will be going for a taildragger endorsment soon as, probably in a Lightwing. I retire later this year and hope to spend a couple of years building my own plane. I've taken the first step towards this goal by down sizing to a home with no lawn, too time consuming, but with a bloody big shed, well, big enough. Now all I have to do is to coerse my other half to lend me some money.Hmmmmmmm.Actually, she encourages me to fly, which sometimes worries me. What's she after! :big_grin: So far she's refused to fly with me so I've been able to take a few youger ladies up with me and have had some very interesting moments, but that's another story ;). Time to close the hanger doors, so safe flying, D.

Welcome to the forums Doug - you will also find a lot of others here that use a flightsim for those days when it just isn't possible to fly.

Hi Doug

You will find these forums very interesting and you can glean lots of valuable tips from them. It sounds like you have had an interesting carreer with the aircraft you have worked on. This experience will be invaluable when you build your own. Have you decided just what you are buiding yet? ( maybe you had better let your other half influence you )Good luck and safe flying.

Regards

Ed

• 1 year later...

Greetings from the deep south (Tassie). I'm a Telecommunications Technician of 54 Years from Launceston. I haven't flown for seven years, but you never seem to lose the urge to get some air under your feet. I have an unrestricted PPL and a bit over 100 hours, mosty on C172 & Cherokee 140. I had a 1/3 share in the 140 until aviation charges and maintenance costs forced me out. I hope one day to own another plane, perhaps a Jabiru or something similar. It's nice to see aviation is alive despite the government's best efforts to make it unnafordable.