RA-Aus Board Election

DarkSarcasm

Hi all,

I'm running for election to the RA-Aus Board as Victorian Representative.

A little more about me and what I'm hoping to achieve -

My name is Jennifer Barry. (No my parents didn't name me Darky! )

I currently fly a Jabiru J160 out of Lilydale Airport and have experience flying an Evektor SportStar and Skyfox Gazelle. I am keen to gain experience on as many different types of aircraft as possible including flying a trike and a gyrocopter in the near future.

If elected to the RA-Aus Board I will bring a new perspective, the perspective of a younger member. RA-Aus is a constantly evolving organisation and it is up to the Board to lead that evolution and represent the changing needs and views of the members. Part of this evolution is recruiting and supporting younger members and it is important that the Board reflect this. However, it is equally important to not neglect the experience and wisdom of the older members. A mix of wisdom and youthful enthusiasm working together on the Board will benefit every member of RA-Aus.

I am in my final year of an Arts/Law degree and believe that the skills I have obtained from these degrees will aid me to effectively represent the members of RA-Aus.

The purpose of an elected representative is to represent the views of the members. A Board where the representatives act only for themselves causes nothing but harm to the organisation that they claim to represent. The Board should represent the views of the members and work together for the future of the organisation and, if elected, I intend to do so.

We all share a passion for aviation. I intend to support that passion by representing the wishes of the members as a Board member and by raising awareness of RA-Aus in the wider community, to encourage the growth and evolution of this organisation. We all fly for fun and I intend to work to keep that as the central focus of RA-Aus.

I hope that those of you on these forums who are Victorians will support me and vote for me Spread the word, phone your pilot friends, tell people at your airfield/club, every bit of support helps!