KR2 'Low Level Buz' of USS Kitty Hawk...

River

A friend of mine was able to conduct an 'authorised' 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif over-fly of the USS Kitty Hawk aircraft-carrier as the ship sailed into Moreton Bay on its final visit to Brisbane last week...

Photo taken from a fellow nearby aviator. Image is a little poor in quality due to both the viewing through the windscreen and the deduction in quality to allow for uploading but I reckon we all get the feeling eh! Lucky bugger... ;) keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Cheers 'Team'...

1000858764_USSKittyHawkOverFlybyKR2.jpg.acb75df3769cfa9a73d477b82040089d.jpg

Guest disperse

ahh what a boat .......where else can you take your entire airstrip / mates and thier planes FISHING 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Answer...

That a/c overflying looks like a fake to me. How does one get "authorization" to overfly a no fly zone in an ultralight?

Aircraft not an ultralight, a 'VH' experimental and pilot with full GA licence... Further, earlier when the last carrier, the USS Enterprise visited Brisbane he was also able to conduct a 'fly-by' after obtaining permission from the carrier as to how close he may fly to them... ;)

cheers,

Date Stamp...

Interesting date stamp on that photo.

Hmmm, :confused: that one I don't know but I'll ask. The info usually supplied to me from this person as usually 100% bona-fired but that does beg the question??? I'll find out... ;) :;)3:

Cheers 'Team',

Re the photo... and the date/stamp. Checked with owner and yes the date/stamp was incorrectly set. It's the "Real McCoy". The local clubs newsletter will have a pilot story of his flight, etc in its next edition.

Cheers 'Team'

Rodger