Zodiac 650b

Akazia

Hi guys,

Just purchased a partially completed Zodiac 650B kit, looking at running a Corvair 100hp in it eventually. Was thinking about running a Rotec TBI on it. Has anyone here had any experience, issues, or can shed any light on these Rotec units, cheers.

I know a pilot/builder who has almost finished his Aeropup, certainly had the engine running plenty. He has a Subaru EA81 & has fitted a Rotec TBI. It ground runs nicely. He hopes to have air under its wheels in a couple of weeks. He liked the idea of controlling mixture etc being a long time GA pilot & formerly owning a 172 for considerable time. He has visited these forums but not sure if he has registered. I'll have a chat to him - might ring him now in fact.

Incidentally, seeing you are planning to use a Corvair, Bubbleboy (Scott) on here from Tamworth is putting a Corvair in his Pietenpol Camper he is building & at one time he was thinking about the Rotec TBI. Think he changed his mind though. Check out his web page http://www.scottyspietenpol.com/ & yes I just had a look there & he is going to use a carb off a Continental. A great web page Scott has there (& a nice bloke as well - had the pleasure of taking him up in the Zephyr a while back)

Thanks Dexter, would be interesting to find out why he went with one over the other, I posed the question abut the TBI's the other day on "the other forum", and it got deleted with little explanation. So there was no chance for anyone to give pro's and cons, it looks like a good bit on gear, just need to know if people happy with them, cheers.

Ah you mentioned the naughty word over there, naughty boy! Geoff (Aeropup) said I can give you his phone # if you want it to have a chat to him