Fowl Play?

Spin

Spotted this one on the Airplane Factory's website; a new Sling undergoing flight testing hit a guinea fowl, causing a fair old dent in the leading edge. Repairs are well under way I hear, aircraft due to be delivered shortly.

I see from a recent Australian Flying newsletter that the Sling is going to be sold locally in the near future - if they can hold the 2 seater LSA to the sub $100k level they may be onto a good thing, it is certainly a well proven design, having been flown around the world in 2009. The stretched 4 seater followed suit earlier this year, putting in several 20+hour transoceanic legs.

[ATTACH=full]871[/ATTACH]

558714405_slingvsguineafowl.jpg.2c28e7a6d802a240d1ac79da75b4e172.jpg

Normandy Guinea Fowl recipie: http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/07/24/normandy-guinea-fowl-with-nigellas-perfect-roast-potatoes/ (in which amongst other things, Lorraine Elliot (aka Not Quite Nigella) blanches 5 pounds of potatoes and then boils them in goose fat) *drool*. Brings a whole new meaning to road kill, dunnit? Seriously, if you look at the recipie, the gravy is made from guinea fowl dripping, apples, cider, butter, cream and booze. Sad for the bird, but what a way to celebrate its passing. Maybe don't try this with a pelican, you'll need more than a new wing skin afterwards *grin*.

Please laugh now. Bird strikes aren't funny at any time.

I

Normandy Guinea Fowl recipie: http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/07/24/normandy-guinea-fowl-with-nigellas-perfect-roast-potatoes/ (in which amongst other things, Lorraine Elliot (aka Not Quite Nigella) blanches 5 pounds of potatoes and then boils them in goose fat) *drool*. Brings a whole new meaning to road kill, dunnit? Seriously, if you look at the recipie, the gravy is made from guinea fowl dripping, apples, cider, butter, cream and booze. Sad for the bird, but what a way to celebrate its passing. Maybe don't try this with a pelican, you'll need more than a new wing skin afterwards *grin*.Please laugh now. Bird strikes aren't funny at any time.

1st thing that popped into my mind too, yum yum.