Trikes On Sunrise

Guest DWB

Here is the video of the live crosses of Trike flying with Airborne Aviation, Maitland. Sunrise Seven's weatherman did several crosses. Unfortunately I missed recording the first one which included an interview with one of the guys at Maitland.

Sorry about quality. Even though I recorded it in 16:9 for some reason it didn't come out that way, but you get the gist. All good publicity.

I saw this and thought that it was a great bit of promotion and dispelled the myth of falling out of the sky when the noise stops. These guys must be HGFA as RAAus don't allow intentional deadsticks. Well done Sunrise and Airborne.

Guest Michael Coates

Depends who you talk to the ops manual says one thing but they have given me very clear instructions about turning off the engine in Pipistrel aircraft which are designed as motor gliders, have the operation described and approved in the flight manual (which they accepted) and they seem to be making up their own interpretations of the operations manual to suit the day of the week.

Nice bit of footage. Should get a few people interested enough to give it a go. Always good to see this type of thing!

I remember a long time ago they did the weather with Monty in an Aerochute in Melbourne taking off from underneath the Westgate Bridge. Monty actually went solo in it after only a very short period of instruction and did the weather solo. With the way it worked out he only had one chance to take off and do the weather and it was perfectly successful and great to watch.

Depends who you talk to the ops manual says one thing but they have given me very clear instructions about turning off the engine in Pipistrel aircraft which are designed as motor gliders, have the operation described and approved in the flight manual (which they accepted) and they seem to be making up their own interpretations of the operations manual to suit the day of the week.

Same problem with the Lazair. Not only does it thermal great it also ridge soars very well but legally i cannot fly within a thousand feet of a suitable ridge.

Maybe when i do the electric conversion i can loophole it. If i close the 'throttles' the props will stop but as long as i keep the battery master switch on technically the motors are still powered.