fantastic plastics V pipe and rag and victor?

Guest danda

G'Day Ozzie, your comments on the Saturday Telegraph article sound approving, however, as a flyer you just naturally accept the comments in the article with the grain of salt they deserve.

The young reporter did a very quick interview, and only heard the bits of information that sounded out of the ordinary, tied them all together and wrote the story without letting it be proofed by the instructor in question.

To paraphrase;

We have members of ALL ages, it's just the guys that own their own aircraft that tend to be 'middle aged',

We do NOT turn our engines off to practice a force landing every time, we just throttle back and do glide approaches.

Not all of our members suffer from an over abundance of testosterone! keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

While basically harmless, the article is still a good reminder to think carefully before talking to anyone in the media. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Arthur.

Damn, it's finally sinking in.....I'm Middle Aged!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Guest ozzie

hi arthur, yes it was saturdays paper i just read it on sunday. it was a good promo' but it did show exactly how a reporter can rewrite your comments. happens all the time.unless you write the article yourself anything can happen when the reporter leaves. none the less it was a positive promo for the club, that can be built on.ozzie

Guest danda

I agree with you Ozzie it is better to write the article yourself however it will still be edited.

Yet there was something in your first response to this article that said much of what I have been trying to say; negativity will only breed negativity yet a positive response lifts the spirits.

It’s the same with our sport if we had people trained to deal with media able to put the most positive spin on things we will attract more people than having our sport always under a cloud of negativity.

I started this post with that thought in mind, I care little what someone enjoys flying, from a Thruster to a Tecnam, or a Drifter to a Texan, good luck to them and good flying, however because of the negative impression of the rag a tube aircraft instilled in the minds of the general public by negative media reports it would be better to promote the fantastic plastic and once attracted people can see the broad range of aircraft available them in all price ranges.

Don

• 2 months later...