Any landing you can walk away from....

mAgNeToDrOp

I've NEVER agreed with that saying although it is often quoted. If you are doing an interview for a flying job I would not suggest you offer it as an acceptable technique or standard.

There is a similar one about extending landing gear. (Those who have and those who WILL) forget to dangle the dunlops. Those who have and those who "could" would be more apt. Nev

Saw one of our geese (who aren't very used to flying) misjudge an approach to the shed roof, hit the flashing and fall 4m to the ground. If we'd had snow at the time it would've looked similar to that...

• Like 1

I've NEVER agreed with that saying although it is often quoted. If you are doing an interview for a flying job I would not suggest you offer it as an acceptable technique or standard.There is a similar one about extending landing gear. (Those who have and those who WILL) forget to dangle the dunlops. Those who have and those who "could" would be more apt. Nev

Hey Facty,

It was visual humour from the MaggyDrop, located in the Laughter forum. Not in Incidents and Accidents. Lighten up dude.

Regards Geoff

Some people take what I say too seriously at times and not enough at others. My comments were meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but I guess I failed. I warned you that some of my humour is subtle. Wondering how I could change at my age. Nev

Some people take what I say too seriously at times and not enough at others. My comments were meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but I guess I failed. I warned you that some of my humour is subtle. Wondering how I could change at my age. Nev

No worries Nev. But what about also showing some compassion for the poor bird, as its gyro was obviously wonky from the impact and didn't stabilize until after those initial 6 steps.

No offense taken there Nev I guess one gets to know the regular members "mannerisms" on this forum. I get where you're coming from. Perhaps lil' chickenhawk forgot to check the ski's were fitted on the preflight? rookies...

• Winner 1

I remember seeing birds flying in England years ago, after a night of snow they had a difficult job getting the flare right. Soon learnt, which is more than can be said for me.

I think the bird has actually landed and caught whatever was walking on the snow.

You could be right if whatever was very cleverly walking backwards. I'm with Yenn, the bird 'fluffed' the flare. Brings to mind the videos of ducks & geese landing on sheet ice. You can actually see the 'WTF' expression on their faces.