Useful ipad apps and android aps for flying

DrZoos

image.jpg.b0f4ddec56801bba0714dc72d3944cfd.jpg Thought might be best to have its own thread. Any apps that you use and find useful.

AWIS has all the phone numbers for awis around the country.

Dual gps goes woth my dual gps and allows the ipad to have much better accuracey. But you need the dual gps reciever worth about $150

Windfinder is ok for winds , but ive since found willyweather which is an excellent weather app. Very comprehensive and highly recommended. Has first last light etc as well.

Weatherzone+ is also a great weather app, but willy weather is better for winds and ain etc. weatherzone is good for govt issued alerts eg hail or strong winds.

I use google earth for rout planning to check on tiger country / landing options. And the visibility of waypoints.

Auto dens was recomended by Dazza and i havent used ot yet.but it grabs your location and gives you the closest metar altitude density. If it runs a wrong location you just edit the input numbers.

Ozrunways needs no introduction.

Emergency+ gives you lots of useful info in an emergency including your exact latitude and lomgitude so you can be rescued with accuracey. Avail on apple and android.

Naips is awesome for getting weather and notams from airservices australia. Then use the email function to select all text and paste it i to the plain english met service at http://www.pemet.com.au

Rain gives you an instant shot of your local bom radar for storm cells or rain.

Around me is great when you arrive somewhere and want to know whats around you in terms of food, accom, fuel , atm etc.

ultimate gps is basically a really good digital compass. Done via gps so makes it easy to follow a heading.

On the android phone screen- the top photo

The first one in red is a bookmark straight to my willyweather.com.au local weather page its brilliant. Well worth a look.

naips is a bookmark to airservices australia page, not an app.

Those e6b calculators are brilliant. Especially the Flyby E6B which is a free trial version .

Flight compass and wind calc are pretty basic. Not really recommended.

Anyhow thats my favs ...so far.

Hopefully otherswill have some great ones.

image.jpg.13ad633f05b8e0e5973f1f4694ba50c0.jpg

• Like 4

[ATTACH=full]27004[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]27000[/ATTACH] Thought might be best to have its own thread. Any apps that you use and find useful.AWIS has all the phone numbers for awis around the country.

Dual gps goes woth my dual gps and allows the ipad to have much better accuracey. But you need the dual gps reciever worth about $150

Windfinder is ok for winds , but ive since found willyweather which is an excellent weather app. Very comprehensive and highly recommended. Has first last light etc as well.

Weatherzone+ is also a great weather app, but willy weather is better for winds and ain etc. weatherzone is good for govt issued alerts eg hail or strong winds.

I use google earth for rout planning to check on tiger country / landing options. And the visibility of waypoints.

Auto dens was recomended by Dazza and i havent used ot yet.but it grabs your location and gives you the closest metar altitude density. If it runs a wrong location you just edit the input numbers.

Ozrunways needs no introduction.

Emergency+ gives you lots of useful info in an emergency including your exact latitude and lomgitude so you can be rescued with accuracey. Avail on apple and android.

Naips is awesome for getting weather and notams from airservices australia. Then use the email function to select all text and paste it i to the plain english met service at http://www.pemet.com.au

Rain gives you an instant shot of your local bom radar for storm cells or rain.

Around me is great when you arrive somewhere and want to know whats around you in terms of food, accom, fuel , atm etc.

ultimate gps is basically a really good digital compass. Done via gps so makes it easy to follow a heading.

On the android phone screen- the top photo

The first one in red is a bookmark straight to my willyweather.com.au local weather page its brilliant. Well worth a look.

naips is a bookmark to airservices australia page, not an app.

Those e6b calculators are brilliant. Especially the Flyby E6B which is a free trial version .

Flight compass and wind calc are pretty basic. Not really recommended.

Anyhow thats my favs ...so far.

Hopefully otherswill have some great ones.

thanks zoos your post was helpful.monty