Standard Pilot Weight

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find a reference for standard pilot weight for W&B calculations.

I thought I read somewhere that it had been upped from 75KG to something like 80KG, but haven't been able to find anything definitive.

Any pointers out there?

Thanks in advance

Richo

Hi Guys,I'm trying to find a reference for standard pilot weight for W&B calculations.

I thought I read somewhere that it had been upped from 75KG to something like 80KG, but haven't been able to find anything definitive.

Any pointers out there?

Thanks in advance

Richo

In the beginning, it was 170lb (77kg); then it arose, and (pausing briefly at 80kg in a few draft Design Standards) became 86kg. CAP-482 (BCAR-S), JAR VLA (is it EAR-VLA now? No, CS-VLA, that's right...), ASTM 2245 (LSA, US-style) all use 86kg. I suspect something - Transport Category seat design? - uses 90kg, but if you're under 5,400kg MTOW, 86kg is considered the upper limit. 50kg is about the lower limit.

• Like 1

But at the end of the day it is the actual load that is important. The PIC must take into account actual loads when going flying. If these actual loads exceed W+B limits or takeoff and landing limits then it should be a no-go. Given that some of us are heading towards 100Kg it would be nice to have a plane that was certified to carry us, our handbag and enough fuel to enjoy ourselves (with a 45 min reserve)

• Agree 1

Happily I'm still 87kg in my Sunday best.

I was more concerned about the passenger weight, but I guess I could do a selection of passengers say from 50kg to 100 kg so I have a ready reference.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

That's the best way to go (calculate at various weights to see what fuel you can/cannot carry). But you should always do a complete W&B for each sector and as others have said, you must use actual weights with smaller aircraft.

Bugger i am 107 kg ............ Is that bad ?

Aircraft 205 kg

Fuel 66 plus aux 35 lt total 100 lt

107 me

205 plane

100 fuel

66 wife

478 kg total.

Mtow was 480 kg

but RAA drop me back to 450kg last year

now I have 400 kg this year now I have

to be careful .

Plane was 480 kg mtow But has changed ????054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Bugger i am 107 kg ............ Is that bad ?

Aircraft 205 kg

Fuel 66 plus aux 35 lt total 100 lt

107 me

205 plane

100 fuel

66 wife

478 kg total.

Mtow was 480 kg

but RAA drop me back to 450kg last year

now I have 400 kg this year now I have

to be careful .

Plane was 480 kg mtow But has changed ????054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

The fuel is (66+35)=101L* The density of petrol is around 0.72Kg/Litre (for 100LL) therefore your fuel load will be around 72.72Kg - a saving of 27.28Kg, enough for a MTOW of 451KG - have a loo break before flying

The fuel is (66+35)=101L* The density of petrol is around 0.72Kg/Litre (for 100LL) therefore your fuel load will be around 72.72Kg - a saving of 27.28Kg, enough for a MTOW of 451KG - have a loo break before flying

Yes just a rough idea for the topic but thanks for correcting me cheers:thumb up: