Morgan Builds under way and completed

magishme

Bang on with that approach...bloody shocker. Normally 60-65kts but I was pushing 70. I still haven't got runway 36 at heck field down to a fine art. The hill/cemetery at the end of the runaway is deceptive!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did dazza... was the video normal speed or timelapse? Looks like you were fangin!

See post #76 from Jmbb74 for the answer about the speed on final... I suspect the vid was normal speed and it was just the aspect which gave the impression that it was a mach run.

See post #76 from Jmbb74 for the answer about the speed on final... I suspect the vid was normal speed and it was just the aspect which gave the impression that it was a mach run.

I saw that flyvulcan. I was wondering if the video was recorded with some sort of timelapse setup, albeit slight, as even with the perspective and 70 knots, it looked faster than that.

I saw that flyvulcan. I was wondering if the video was recorded with some sort of timelapse setup, albeit slight, as even with the perspective and 70 knots, it looked faster than that.

I think it is something inherent with a number of 'action cameras', I find the same apparent speed-up effect with all videos I've taken.

Hi all, I'm thinking about a project in conjunction with Garry at MAW. A Sierra Viking or Sierra 80hp Rotax combo.

Aircraft will be finished to my high standard and if you saw my plane at Evan Head recently, you'll understand.

Avionic will be standard 6 pack style, radio with ptt, dual stick, upgraded brakes (dual rudder control), lockable tinted canopy, adjustable rudder pedals, winglets, strobe Nav lights, 100lt fuel on board, leather interior, high quality paint job and a design that will turn heads.

No transponder

Finish time around June 2015, fixed price $84,000 (Viking option) TBC. Msg me if you find this of interest.

Jamie

I think it is something inherent with a number of 'action cameras', I find the same apparent speed-up effect with all videos I've taken.

It is a well known characteristic of the wide angle lenses. It also improves the depth of field meaning minimal perception of focus changes.

The opposite happens with extreme zoom lenses (200+mm equivalent) where things appear "flat". It also makes them very touchy with the focus, in other words exactly the opposite of the wide angle lens.

hey jamie myself and david more so david have been keeping tabs on your build and we missed you at evans head ,where are you hoping to land next

Hi guys I'm not sure, I'll definately be attending as many events as possible this year. Any QLD & Nth'n NSW for sure. I am going to the Southport Valentines BBQ breakfast on the 14th Feb. Alternately, anyone is welcome at Heck Field to take a look.

• Like 1

Rigged the Sierra today probably the last time before taking it to the paint shop. Now need to have all the parts painted including all the small bits that will be put on later. We had a bit of trouble getting the engine mount right for the CAMIT motor. The alternator sticks out the back requiring some mods to the mount. I would probably try a different mount arrangement or order it with the old motor bike type coils if I had my time again. Anyhow all done now.

P2040106.JPG.4cfbda7adfce16f48ec4ff065844875b.JPG

P2040101.JPG.e07e28ac316db1fb2feec67c592b6a73.JPG

P2040109.JPG.2db24b28aac2f79362f94328dad3afd9.JPG

P2040111.JPG.96aa17eddfc0ee392dce247c5ec9bbd1.JPG

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks. My Glider has a matt black panel and I have liked that over the years. Easy to touch up.

The paint will come soon but the preparation is taking longer than I thought. I'm still fibre glassing the engine cooling ducts and fitting the spats. I haven't even started sanding and alodining it yet. Maybe early next month. It will then be moved to Taree.

• 3 months later...